Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    It's not that I don't wish to help end users out.

But sometimes I do think it may not be such a good idea to give end users information past what can be located in the operators manual.

As ultimately it must be taking work away from some other tech else where.
    We may also be helping support smaller cowboy outfits that use these types of forums because they have no official sources of support to fall back on.

So from now on I've decided I will not be sharing basic entry level information anymore and I will only reply to people that would appear to have a strong understanding about what they talking about already.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician

Aficio 3235C Password reset

I got this machine and I am having trouble resetting the password on the machine. I changed the controller nvram and the machine still asks for a password. Is there a way to fix this problem?

There are two NVRAM chips on these models.
    One for the controller and one on the BICU.

But I think you should be able to clear all passwords on this model from service mode though.

SP7810-001 - Clears the machines access code.
    SP5846-047 - Clears the address book and any user codes.

There are the various memory clears as well but I wouldn't really suggest playing around with those as they clear alot more than passwords.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Technician

Password reset

Hey Daz, this machine doesn,t have SP7810. I checked and can,t get it. Could you please confirm its not SP5810.

Technician

Password reset

Ok DaZ, I see the SP7810 in the Service Manual, but I can,t access it. Please can you let me know how to get into that SP mode. Thanx.

Try the SPP mode.

Hold down the '#' key when pressing 'Copy SP'.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts jeffreyozz's Avatar
    there were some models that came out with a default password as "password" no user name. Those with a web browser with a login button on the top right of the web browser, and those that came with a left pane button had a "admin" username with no password. Ricoh has since done away and kept the default "admin" username with no password. I am thinking that that model used the password default. I do agree with everyone else in this forum about qualifications though. I also agree with Tonerbomb and giving us some IT help when asked for. Keeps everyone on the up and up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It wouldn't be such a good idea to assist end-users on entering Service Program mode, it only takes a little bit of tinkering with the values for all hell to break loose, as this gent doesn't have a copier engineer working with him anymore, reverting the settings could prove to be tricky.

SP Mode, best left to those qualified to do so.

Where's the love!

I've gota say thanks; many of you have really helped me out in a pinch.

However, is it possible that many of us are being a bit "self important" by limiting who we help out. Come on, if settings are screwed up because of end user ineptness then obviously some service tech out there has to fix the problem... Besides, a copy tech can get the job done quicker (also correctly) and most users know that it doesn't pay to play with SM settings. On one occasion I even put an instruction sheet on how to clear a code in SM (damp church basement kept messing with a sensor).

I'm just saying it all works out in the end. There's already too much information out there to stop the flow. An intelligent person will call a tech to get the job done right.

I also gota say that there's a small minority of unscrupulous techs that charge for things that aren’t even broken! I have horror stories...

I appeal to the honest among us; in lieu of this sad reality let’s just spread a little more good than bad, a little more help than harm.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Password Reset Help

Slightly Off topic

You copier techs have it made. You get an error on a printer, you have to diagnose and actually FIX the problem before you can clear the error. With copiers, just enter the right code, and voila! you're off and running again.

Sheesh!

my .02 cents.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here