Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh MPC 3002 problem

Hello to every1.After reading some posts on this forum i decided to post a problem of my own

The costumer has 2 MPC 3002 ( on diffrent floors) , One of the copiers had the fuser broken ( The fuser was brokenby an user)
    Changed the entire unit with a new1 .
    The problem is that everytime it starts or recovers from energysave (standby w/e) the pressure roller is turned to much ( makes 5 or 6 complete turns) so it makes a "clink" sound/noise After 5 or 6 "clinks" the copier runs as it should.

Until now i changed : the pressure sensor, fusing unit , firmware upgraded , bicu bord , harness of the pressure sensor.

( i was thinking about downloading the nvram from the working one and to upload it to this , but then i guess the counter will change also wich is a big no no )

Any opinion is most welcomed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC 3002 problem

Best thing to do first is print out the non default SMC Data for both machines and compare the 2 to see which settings are differant.

putting the other machines nvram data on it isnt a good idea it wont affect the copy counter but it will change all the settings for pcus/devs ect.

Reduce the rotation time of the pressure roller contact motor for the pressure position 3. Copy SP 1151-004, from default 2130msec to 800msec.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Lubricate the Pressure Roller Bearings with Barrierta (heat resistent) grease. When they run dry you'll hear a clicking sound.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    Best thing to do first is print out the non default SMC Data for both machines and compare the 2 to see which settings are differant.

putting the other machines nvram data on it isnt a good idea it wont affect the copy counter but it will change all the settings for pcus/devs ect.
    Transferring the contents of the NVRAM to another machine affects the whole machine. Every NVRAM is unique. You can not load the NVRAM settings from one machine to another. There are a lot of settings (Laser Unit, PCU Units, SBU, BICU, etc) that are unique for every machine.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

as i cant be or wont get my laptop out the car i had a similar problem on an mpc5000.yes its a different m/c and im not sure if the fuser drive is the same or different. My problem was a drive gear on the rear which had shed a few teeth and had the same symptoms as you describe. again as im not looking at the parts manual i cant say if it has the same sort of fuser drive layout. clink every so often, made no noise when outputing the paper. only when the press roller was engaged i think.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Transferring the contents of the NVRAM to another machine affects the whole machine. Every NVRAM is unique. You can not load the NVRAM settings from one machine to another. There are a lot of settings (Laser Unit, PCU Units, SBU, BICU, etc) that are unique for every machine.
    that's kinda what I said but in less words ask keith else

Technician

WOW !!! , i didnt expect so many answers in such a short time , rly ,tanks every1.

I forgot to mention ( was 1 of the first things i did ) i changed all gears and motor wich turns the fusing
    The axele pushes the pressure roler to the fusing film through a "cam" ( like engine cam) ( the pressure depends on the paper type bla bla..)The axel shoulnt make a complete turn !!! But here is my problem, in my case it makes 5 or 6 turns.
    I tryed to draw the process ( i didnt had CAD , srry for the quality of the drawing)

Transfering the nvram , like transferring the board ( btw on 3002 its a small board specially made for nvram) or download it to sd card then upload it on the " defective" machine?
    100% that is wont affect the counter ??, because somewhere in sm , i hope im not wrong , it said something like " NVram holds info about machine inclusive counter"

1st i will compare the SMC then i will try the
    2nd SP 1151-004, from default 2130msec to 800msec.
    Then i will try to change the nvram

Im still open to any ideea .

As soon as i get to the machine , (sometime next week i guess , i will post back)

TY ALL!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

shutterfusing.JPG

The shutter operates in conjunction with fusing pressure release, so the timing of
    opening/closing is as follows.
    Fusing pressure release: shutter closes
    Fusing pressure ON: shutter opens
    The fusing unit shutter plate drive motor rotates the shaft inside the fusing unit
    through the gear [C]. This shaft also has a gear at the opposite side of the shaft from
    gear [C]. This gear rotates another shaft with cams [F] through the gear [E] and the
    belt. The fusing unit shutter is opened or closed by the cam rotation. The fusing unit
    shutter home position sensor [D] detects whether the shutter is opened or closed. The
    home position sensor is a photo detector.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I normally don't like to (CRAM) clear NVRAM unless it's the last resort. I would try replace the fusing release motor before CRAM.

Ahmed saeed

Hi dear
    Look i face the same problem but in MP C5000 and i changed the coil after that the sound removed