Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Helios

"Call Service - PM Call" - How do I turn this off??

I have this pesky MP 5000SP that keeps crying for a PM call. I have done a PM on this machine not that long ago, and I am not sure on how to clear this message. Does anyone know how?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: "Call Service - PM Call" - How do I turn this off??

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I have this pesky MP 5000SP that keeps crying for a PM call. I have done a PM on this machine not that long ago, and I am not sure on how to clear this message. Does anyone know how?

Pesky? What machine doesn't have electronic counters for PM items that need resetting?
    If you've "done a PM", that means you must have a manual right? Otherwise, how would you have performed the necessary SP's for drum, dev, etc.
    The PM Reset SP hasn't changed since the turn of the millenium, and it's the same on every model (only some models have a few more PM items to choose from in the menu).

Helios

Thanks for the non-insightful post. Remember me to pass on the same courtesy the next time we meet. I managed to figure it out anyways, without the use of a manual.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Thanks for the non-insightful post. Remember me to pass on the same courtesy the next time we meet. I managed to figure it out anyways, without the use of a manual.
    You have 5 posts and been here for 5 minutes

The post above you was actually used for a reason, if you dont have the manuals why are fixing machines?
    Sounds like an end user trying to save money, I feel sorry for you if this is how you treat people.

My rule is, no manual NO HELP *exceptions do happen to certain circumstances

Run along now.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you get a Replace Cleaning Web message, there are at least two counters that have to be reset at the same time and then cycle power. There is at least one other thread that covers this and has the SP codes to use.

Helios

The service manuals and parts manuals are poorly translated Japanese - most of the time. Any tech on the field will tell you that the manuals only have 10% of the information that you are looking for, the rest is learned the hard way in the field. Perhaps both of you are lacking the wisdom of knowing "There is no such thing as a stupid question". Both of you treated it like it was.

If you get a Replace Cleaning Web message, there are at least two counters that have to be reset at the same time and then cycle power. There is at least one other thread that covers this and has the SP codes to use.
    I know of the 780x codes to clear various PM parts along with 1902 for the web. Was what not described in the manual was the clearing of the page counter. Thanks anyways.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Smile Re: "Call Service - PM Call" - How do I turn this off??

I don't know what manuals you're looking at but the manuals I sell are all in clear concise English. If a manual doesn't meet my standards, I don't put it out for sale.
    Oh, and you can take that arrogant attitude you have and leave, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    I don't know what manuals you're looking at but the manuals I sell are all in clear concise English. If a manual doesn't meet my standards, I don't put it out for sale.
    Oh, and you can take that arrogant attitude you have and leave, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Amen to this!

Technician

Also all the genuine manuals from Ricoh i get are in easy to read format
    I suggest you either get someone authorized to do the work in future
    Also I have been in this game for 9 years mate, more than happy to help people who don't treat those with knowledge like s**t!
    Sure there's no such thing as a stupid question, there is however such thing as a stupid response, and in your case time and time again

Shawn

Retired 10,000+ Posts

First let's get back to the basics. What is the current total count on the machine? Did you do a 160K PM or a 320K PM? At what total count did you do the PM? If you have a manual, the SPs for clearing PM counters begins on page 605 of the current version of the Service Manual. SP codes for clearing the web 527counters is on page 231. SP for setting the PM Alarm interval and also disabling the PM Alarm is on page 527. I you do not have a manual, order one from Paul. From what I have seen searching for other manuals in the past, you are not going find a better price.