Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    What i'm going to wrote is not related to copier industry but i heard her talking on the phone,my boss
    Customer -I have a problem with the internet on the PC,not working at all
    My boss - Ok,pls wait until a colegue of mine is able to check the internet connection on your PC remote with Team viewer
    Hey man, my car won't start.
    Ok, just drive it over and I'll check it out. LOL
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Teachers, lawyers and other highly educated people.
    I find its nurses that are the worst offenders, those tender healing hand can smash the crap out of copier.
    We're just about to give a medical imaging company a bill for two and a half g's for the damaged they did to the fuser and duplex path on a mid sized multi-function machine.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Dirty toner monkey 50+ Posts

I have just spent the last 4 hours reading the whole of this thread from start to finish!! (Slow day today)

Over the last 20 years, I have come across pretty much all of the posted stupid questions and comments (Oh, how I hate people walking past me when I'm elbow deep in toner, and saying "You should get an office here" or "Is it broken again"..... No you twat, someone in this very office HAS BROKEN THE COPIER AGAIN, THE DON'T BREAK THEMSELVES!!!)
    Quiet possibly the most horrendous thing I have ever seen was on an old Canon 9800....... 5pm - Dec 20th 1997...... Get a call from a customer (HSBC in St. Albans UK, wasn't called HSBC at the time, but I digress) "Can an engineer come out, we have a problem with the copier"..... Why of course, nothing I would like more than to come out and look at your copier at home time...... I asked if it could wait until the morning, apparently not, its VERY urgent...... OK I said.

Get to the customer, and there is an ambulance outside, and a fire engine.....

Went to the reception, found out that a rather large bottomed lady had got drunk at the office christmas party, and decided to copy her ample ass on the copier..... the glass broke, her ass got wedged with large shards of glass sticking in from all directions. She couldnt be hoisted out as that was just causing her to get more glass in her ass, they couldnt take the glass out for obvious reasons.

I ended up having to strip the whole copier down around her, even parts of the frame, all covered in blood and a fat girl crying.

Copier was condemned, girl never came back to work apparently

So, let this be a lesson, dont get pissed and copy your ass, especially if youre over a certain weight

I did get a call from a customer saying they tried to load staples into their KM 3060 and that the staples just fell down the hole....so I show up and ask where they loaded the staples....and they open the lil door on the side where the handle pops up for lifting the machine...so dig out my magnet and went fishing for staples....then trained them on where the actual staple unit was on the finisher....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Retired 10,000+ Posts

A few years back, a major account called my boss on Saturday. They had an executive who was going to Dallas on Sunday and could not print a report he needed to take. I go there and call the guy's cell phone to come down and let me in (they are normally closed on weekends). Lug all my tools up to the second floor (no elevator). Walk up to the Savin 8075 and there is a red light on the printer only. Push the printer button and read please load 8 1/2 X 11 paper. 3000 sheet tandem tray 1 and 3000 sheet LCT both empty. Loaded paper for him and was off to my weekend.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    A few years back, a major account called my boss on Saturday. They had an executive who was going to Dallas on Sunday and could not print a report he needed to take. I go there and call the guy's cell phone to come down and let me in (they are normally closed on weekends). Lug all my tools up to the second floor (no elevator). Walk up to the Savin 8075 and there is a red light on the printer only. Push the printer button and read please load 8 1/2 X 11 paper. 3000 sheet tandem tray 1 and 3000 sheet LCT both empty. Loaded paper for him and was off to my weekend.

Did you bill them for your time? What a waste! big account so I'm assuming not. I would for a small one!

Quote Originally Posted by ewizzy View Post
    I have just spent the last 4 hours reading the whole of this thread from start to finish!! (Slow day today)

Over the last 20 years, I have come across pretty much all of the posted stupid questions and comments (Oh, how I hate people walking past me when I'm elbow deep in toner, and saying "You should get an office here" or "Is it broken again"..... No you twat, someone in this very office HAS BROKEN THE COPIER AGAIN, THE DON'T BREAK THEMSELVES!!!)
    Quiet possibly the most horrendous thing I have ever seen was on an old Canon 9800....... 5pm - Dec 20th 1997...... Get a call from a customer (HSBC in St. Albans UK, wasn't called HSBC at the time, but I digress) "Can an engineer come out, we have a problem with the copier"..... Why of course, nothing I would like more than to come out and look at your copier at home time...... I asked if it could wait until the morning, apparently not, its VERY urgent...... OK I said.

Get to the customer, and there is an ambulance outside, and a fire engine.....

Went to the reception, found out that a rather large bottomed lady had got drunk at the office christmas party, and decided to copy her ample ass on the copier..... the glass broke, her ass got wedged with large shards of glass sticking in from all directions. She couldnt be hoisted out as that was just causing her to get more glass in her ass, they couldnt take the glass out for obvious reasons.

I ended up having to strip the whole copier down around her, even parts of the frame, all covered in blood and a fat girl crying.

Copier was condemned, girl never came back to work apparently

So, let this be a lesson, dont get pissed and copy your ass, especially if youre over a certain weight
    During that moment, you were... a surgeon... of sorts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    During that moment, you were... a surgeon... of sorts.
    Or a Japanese whale harvester.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

just last week - youre here to get the green paper out ? my prints keep coming out on green paper !

no, you need IT for that

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Customer wants to buy a copier for her home. Little old lady. She comes in to shop and we show her the smallest copier ever made in the history of copiers? Toshiba 4121 or something like that ? As soon as she sees it she stops in her tracks and says , THAT SURE IS BIG. ( doesn't,t the machine have to be as big as a piece of 11x 8.5 piece of paper ? ) Funny. I showed her a toy copier I had on my desk. Told her you take your copy paper , cut it into about 10 pieces, load them into your paper tray. Then cut your original into 10 pieces and make 10 deffernt copies and the tape them back together. Then you can get a real small copier ? L o l.