Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Reminds me of a story I heard from a Lanier/3M tech. Back in the days of fluid toner estats, 3M made a model with a IR lamp to dry the paper as it exited. If a paper stacked up to high in the exit tray, a sheet could pause in the drier section and catch fire. The immediate action for the user was to turn off the power. He was at an Air Force base and driving up to the back of one office, he saw ball of flame shooting out the door. All new people in the office and none of thought to remove power.
    I think that might have been the 3M M360 or something similar. It actually fused toner to the paper in that oven. The machine came with a big pair of wooden tweezers to pull jams out of the oven.
    Or if that was in the day of coated paper machines it could be the M209 (the very first stationary scan platen machine I've ever worked on). While most of the larger 3M coated paper machines used a cold fusing process, the M209 had a ridiculously large fusing roller with a heater in it. I didn't see many of those, so I've never seen one on fire. (The machine was pretty large, and sometimes referred to as "The Coffin".)
    On the other hand, this reminds me of one of the 3M microfilm machines. There was an infrared rotary microfiche duplicator that normally worked pretty well, but occasionally a fiche would get caught in the process and melt. Common problem description for that in the service call report: "fiche fry".

Sf-7850 with rotating tray, sf-7855 the rotating tray removed

All sharp sf series piece of crap.
    Small machine like sf-2414,2514 more reliable

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

LOL all hands down the savin V35. If you know machine you will agree,

Mortimer Snerd

Unhappy Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Ricoh FT 5560. "What did Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, and the Ricoh FT 5560 have in common? Two of them were Movie Stars." -anonymous.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Re: Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever?

Mita's First Digital Color Copier. Sold it to a Printer House and it never worked right.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    All sharp sf series piece of crap.
    Small machine like sf-2414,2514 more reliable
    i have a 2040 sitting my guest bedroom/ex-office. it was actually decent machine, jams from time to time and copy quality is terrible compared to machines of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?
    I the Biggest POS. For me was the Mita 4090.

Technician

Re: savin model 840

Quote Originally Posted by ralphjh View Post
    this is an old machine but everyone i know who ever worked on one would say that the biggest piece of crap ever was a savin model 840, it was a small liquid copier that leaked, squeaked and streaked.
    Amen to that. The blades would howl too. What an awful machine!

How about the mita dc 4090 dusting pig