Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MFP Firmware reload on C224e

I replaced the MFP board and i need to reload the firmware. I downloaded the A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) firmware for this purpose, but i have not been able to relaod it on the machine. I think the problem i have is that i have not been able to prepare the usb stick i am using properly. Can someone explain in detail to me the exact format in which i will place my firmware on the usb so that the machine sees the firmware automatically when it boots up with the usb stick in its service port. Other advice on how to get the new MFP board working will also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Dgtal

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

The usb stick needs to be formatted in FAT32 for a start - I think ive read up to 4gb in size is also recommended.

You need to copy the files to the root of the drive, ive downloaded the G20-G9 firmware and loaded it onto a pen drive.

You have to extract the files to a folder, then move them into the root directory of the pen drive

Should look something like this......
    Layout.jpg

Is it a brand new MFP board you are fitting?
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi D Colour,
    Thank you so much for your post. I'll try the format you gave me on my machine. And YES, I'm installing a new MFPB. Thanks
    Dgtal

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I believe these files in your pen drive are from the "A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00)" folder of the G20-G9. What about the "cw" folder and one other file named "mktar_ZeusMLK". Do i just ignore them? Thanks
    Dgtal

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adeyemi View Post
    I believe these files in your pen drive are from the "A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00)" folder of the G20-G9. What about the "cw" folder and one other file named "mktar_ZeusMLK". Do i just ignore them? Thanks
    Yes,thats correct, just ignore them. Just the files/folders from the A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) folder.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

I have seen on this series of machines they can be very finicky about USB drives...I can take one USB drive that works in machine and try it on another machine which gives me a big F YOU....and most the usb drives I do use are the ones they gave me in Konica Minolta classes lol....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

After the board replacement, you must 1st enter the machine type. This option comes up with the firmware reload screen. Pick your 2 options and reboot the MFP, then reload firmware. I notice you are loading G20 firmware..This is a special LK101v3 firmware and should not be used with a non-LK MFP...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    After the board replacement, you must 1st enter the machine type. This option comes up with the firmware reload screen. Pick your 2 options and reboot the MFP, then reload firmware. I notice you are loading G20 firmware..This is a special LK101v3 firmware and should not be used with a non-LK MFP...Emujo
    I have not been able to get the machine type screen to come up
    Dgtal

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    One time on my USB drive with the E series I had to do a full format to my USB drive. Not the quick format as it still wouldn't work and I had to uncheck the quick format and my drive has worked flawless many times on the E series since. It will take a long time to do this type of format maybe 30 min to an hour. Also if you have a data light on the drive make sure it is blinking when the mfp board is reading it during the time it loads the firmware program. Yes the machine fix is important as the board part number is the same for all E series but this tells the board which model you installed it into for it to work correctly.

jr2748

A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) is this the latest MFP firmware for bizhub c224e?