Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    End User 250+ Posts

HP CM3530 leaves vertical streaks that fade out and then come back

I'm not a tech I'm just looking for help with my printer. I have an HP CM3530 and lately it started leaving a multi colored vertical streak about 1 inch from the left side of each page. If I print 10-20 pages it fades out and no longer occurs until the machine hasn't been used for a day or so and then the cycle repeats (I get streaks for 10-20 pages and then they fade away), this cycle repeated 3-4 times now.

It started when I printed labels from the multi purpose tray but I've been doing that every few days for years with this machine, however I had recently washed my hands before handling these label sheets and think I may have gotten a bit of water on the first sheet, would that explain the issue I'm having?

Will this eventually fade away by itself or will a part need to be replaced?

Edit: I just looked inside the printer and I saw what I was hoping not to: transfer belt has a mark on it exactly where it appears on the sheets, and I know this part is about $700. Will this fade away with time and is there a way to clean the transfer belt?

Thanks

End User 250+ Posts

Re: HP CM3530 leaves vertical streaks that fade out and then come back

If I put a stick in the door close sensor I can get the transfer belt to rotate while being exposed. If I did this while holding an alcohol swab where the line is on the belt so that it gets wiped off as it turns and with the toner cartridges removed so alcohol doesn't end up in the cartridges and drum, would this safely clean it or could the alcohol damage other parts even if the cartridges are removed? If it wouldn't cause problems to other parts this seems like the easiest way to clean the belt.

I also thought this printer had a "Clean ITB" option but I can't find it so I'm thinking this was probably on my previous Canon machine.

Thanks

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Really?
    You said out loud that you wanted to have your account deleted from here and then insulted everybody here on purpose.
    The reason you expect to get help from here now is because?
    Oh, wait, you earned your place on my ignore list then. I can't actually see anything you post here.
    Oh, well.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Really?
    You said out loud that you wanted to have your account deleted from here and then insulted everybody here on purpose.
    The reason you expect to get help from here now is because?
    Oh, wait, you earned your place on my ignore list then. I can't actually see anything you post here.
    Oh, well.
    I am with Iowatech. I did not read any of your post. Just checked to see what sort of response you had gotten.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    If I put a stick in the door close sensor I can get the transfer belt to rotate while being exposed. If I did this while holding an alcohol swab where the line is on the belt so that it gets wiped off as it turns and with the toner cartridges removed so alcohol doesn't end up in the cartridges and drum, would this safely clean it or could the alcohol damage other parts even if the cartridges are removed? If it wouldn't cause problems to other parts this seems like the easiest way to clean the belt.

I also thought this printer had a "Clean ITB" option but I can't find it so I'm thinking this was probably on my previous Canon machine.

Thanks
    Instead of a swab, I would use a metal file. Files are much better at getting rid of waste toner.

Couldn't resist.

Just pull the transfer belt out and clean it with a dry rag.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

aab1 has not made any friends yet (from his profile page) - Uh, I wonder why not?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I think he forgot that we know him; He probably jumps from Tech site to Tech site after he gets banished and ended up here again; We don't forget people that are rude and don't contribute anything. We will help end-users to a point but when we give you a solution even multiple techs agree then you argue and disagree with the solution. LOOK IN THE F#%@*^ MANUAL!
    You Shall Receive No help from me BUDDY!
    Izzy

End User 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    We will help end-users to a point but when we give you a solution even multiple techs agree then you argue and disagree with the solution.
    Example?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Just for fun, lets review! Here's the link:
    Can I delete my account from this useless website?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I can't believe this Troll keeps coming back here. I have blocked all his messages so I no longer read what he says. I read everyone elses responses. Far more entertaining.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".