Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

Eazy to use Scanner

I have a client that wants a stand alone scanner and they are NOT tech savy. they are looking for easy to use and thats the main thing to them. We normally would sale them am MFP but they don't want one. They like their current setup, machine wise, but need to scan. So which should I AVOID and what has worked good for the tech challanged? Any brand ( like Brother had beed in the past ) thats across the board bad, or any that have been almost always good? Easy to use is the big thing as their farm is way out of town.
    Thanks for your time
    GAr the Pilot

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Eazy to use Scanner

Re: Eazy to use Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    I have a client that wants a stand alone scanner and they are NOT tech savy. they are looking for easy to use and thats the main thing to them. We normally would sale them am MFP but they don't want one. They like their current setup, machine wise, but need to scan. So which should I AVOID and what has worked good for the tech challanged? Any brand ( like Brother had beed in the past ) thats across the board bad, or any that have been almost always good? Easy to use is the big thing as their farm is way out of town.
    Thanks for your time
    GAr the Pilot
    FUJITSU Document Scanner fi-7160 : Fujitsu United States

We've had good reports about our placements in various customer locations with this scanner.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

IMO...

"Push Scan" (Scan initiated at scanner) is always easier than "Pull Scan" (Scan initiated at computer).

Why???

MFP--push scan is oriented toward volume and speed and by itself can be set-up with a two button push preset--I know this works because I have set it up on a Kyocera MFP. The document name can be entered at the MFP or at the computer in lieu of a Time Date Stamp.

Desktop Pull Scan--usually more bells and whistles to adjust. BUT smaller footprint on your desktop...can't very well put an MFP on your desktop!

Main question--what is the environment like? How many office workers?...etc.

Just think of the MFP as a document input-output portal.

Good Luck!

Gar the pilot

Small foot-print is needed as the farm office is full of stuff. And they don't want to have to spend a lot of time learning to use it. The Daughter is tech saviy but has a new job that keeps her busy and less able to help out with computer work/training.
    Thanks for the info