Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

OK so I have a similar problem with a MP6001 adf. Will not jam in SP free run, but randomly in copy/scan mode, J06 and J54. It crumples the paper just like the image earlier on in this thread. Motors, one way gears etc have all been changed though no boards as yet.

One thing I have noticed is that for the first 30 or so sheets it does a brief optical callibration every 5 sheets (CIS lamps lights) and after this reverts to every 10 sheets. The whole feed mechanism pauses for a fraction to allow this and then resumes and it is when this restart up happens that the jam occurs. Sometimes after 10 or 20, sometimes after 300-400.

Anyone noticed this with their jams?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

It looks like I'm now a reluctant member of the Martini DF jam club as well. I have a MP7502 that will photocopy and ADF free run all day long but the moment you scan it logs Original Exit jams at 7505-07.
    So far I've changed all the sensors and the Middle Drive roller along with its one-way drive pulleys and still no improvement.
    Does anyone know if there is any difference in the DF operation between copying and scanning?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

The difference could be that callibration of the optics. It won`t do it in SP free run. Just come back from my machine and I`m going to replace the wiring loom to the top cover assy.

I`ll let y`all know....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Do you try with a higher resolution normally with that feeder runs slower and you can determine if it is a timing problem.The difference from the previous model is that now feeder runs at 90ipm instead of 80ipm.

I have now had a few of these do this fault since I started this post and I've found two different solutions to fix this. The first one I increased the reselotion to 300 and the scans works. I went back with all guides and shafts and reused all the new one bearings that I changed before. When I went back to 200 it did work but still the odd jam and it did take some time to fit all parts. When you compair this DF to older versions you will notice their is less tension on the timing belts on the back of the machine. If you take off the tension on the belts this seems to fix the issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts manoj.k.nair's Avatar

Dear.
    I am also facing the same problem with mp6002. if the is any up date pls mail me.l

Quote Originally Posted by Dayer View Post
    I have a mp6002 jamming in the adf only when scanning a doc to a folder or scan to email. The adf works fine in copy mode or adf free run in sp. When the doc is sent the pick assy all works fine but none of the other roller engage! Actions so far are tested off the network and to aUSB stick but still same result, memory clear on the scaner application, latest firmware installed, checked all the conections at the back, reformat HDD, reseated memory cards. When tested from the platon glass it works fine. It seems like a communication fault only when scanning but I don't get why it works fine in copy mode as its getting the data the same way. Any ideas welcome and I'm in contact with Ricoh UK to see what they can come up with.
    M N AIR

Just spent 3 hours with this recalcitrant beast and still no further towards getting it to run properly. I've found that it doesn't jam in 600 dpi but that blows the file size out way to big. It does run marginally better in 400 dpi but not good enough to say you've fixed it. Surprisingly it was slightly better in 100 dpi as well.
    Playing around with the buckle, SP 6006-05 didn't achieve anything as well as SP 6020 that controls the timing of the pre-scan roller.
    So its 4 rounds to nil in the copiers favor and I'm now down waiting for divine inspiration or Ricoh Oz tech support to come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by manoj.k.nair View Post
    Dear.
    I am also facing the same problem with mp6002. if the is any up date pls mail me.l

Please read post above yours

We've just put a few 6502's in and this thread is making me nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    We've just put a few 6502's in and this thread is making me nervous
    Don't panic, we've 200+ boxes of this sort in the field and only a handful are a problem and only one is giving me real grief.