Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

Just attended corporate training on these segments... was told of issues with shutters (traps) not opening properly on toner install. Symptom given is depletion of Dev units... check them ''traps" & key op customer on proper toner bottle replacement. Perhaps the Cyan bottles are coming from MFG with poor design & poor shutter contact. Good luck! Word was that this is easy for customer to induce!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padedwalls View Post
    Just attended corporate training on these segments... was told of issues with shutters (traps) not opening properly on toner install. Symptom given is depletion of Dev units... check them ''traps" & key op customer on proper toner bottle replacement. Perhaps the Cyan bottles are coming from MFG with poor design & poor shutter contact. Good luck! Word was that this is easy for customer to induce!
    Thank you from the response on this issue.
    Do you work for KM or a dealer?
    In regards to the traps not opening this seems not to be the case as it is not saying out of toner.
    I will have my guys to have a look at this.
    can you tell me how the customer induces the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuser View Post
    Thank you from the response on this issue.
    Do you work for KM or a dealer?
    In regards to the traps not opening this seems not to be the case as it is not saying out of toner.
    I will have my guys to have a look at this.
    can you tell me how the customer induces the problem?

Many thanks in advance.
    Dealer....
    I'll get some research in & get back to you asap with follow up

Ok quick talk with another tech has lead me to believe this to be an underlying High Voltage issue... as already stated here. Tech said he had high voltage replace resolve the issue on an "all developer deplete issue.. not just one". I'm just shocked at the number of machines you have exhibiting issue with just cyan! I think this is why techs on this site are curious as to why you have so many with identical issue... a something has to be common perception???

That above now being covered, as for my ''shutter" comment, I now recall the discussion in training with trainer. The trap between hopper & drum unit may not fully slide open when tech replaces drum unit! I don't want that to be confused with bottle to hopper ''trap", though I'm sure that can be faulty, or can be caused to be faulty, due to customer forcing improper toner into slot ... I was told in training that the bottles can be forcibly installed into improper slot by customer. Which in turn can damage bottle to hopper "trap" (exchange). If that happens & never gets reported to technician that customer did indeed do so "accidentally" (but removed), you'd be chasing your tail never knowing. Sorry for any confusion I caused as to what the customer can induce...

Good luck with machines.... still rather confused as to why so many cyan affected..

Quote Originally Posted by padedwalls View Post
    Ok quick talk with another tech has lead me to believe this to be an underlying High Voltage issue... as already stated here. Tech said he had high voltage replace resolve the issue on an "all developer deplete issue.. not just one". I'm just shocked at the number of machines you have exhibiting issue with just cyan! I think this is why techs on this site are curious as to why you have so many with identical issue... a something has to be common perception???

That above now being covered, as for my ''shutter" comment, I now recall the discussion in training with trainer. The trap between hopper & drum unit may not fully slide open when tech replaces drum unit! I don't want that to be confused with bottle to hopper ''trap", though I'm sure that can be faulty, or can be caused to be faulty, due to customer forcing improper toner into slot ... I was told in training that the bottles can be forcibly installed into improper slot by customer. Which in turn can damage bottle to hopper "trap" (exchange). If that happens & never gets reported to technician that customer did indeed do so "accidentally" (but removed), you'd be chasing your tail never knowing. Sorry for any confusion I caused as to what the customer can induce...

Good luck with machines.... still rather confused as to why so many cyan affected..
    Thanks Padedwalls. I have had HV units fail on these machines but that fault is rectifiable. The issue is that the hoppers are still full of toner so 'toner empty' does not appear.
    Also the levels are as they should be.

I have had the manufacturer tech specs out to see one specific machine and all we carried out was a full factory reset and start a new setup procedure.
    This cured this issue on this machine all be it we cahnged everything you could think of (MFP,PRCB,HV,transfer belt,4 cyan dev units,2 drum units, power supply and regulating baord at the front of the copier)

As you can see how frustrating this is.

If it is a toner problem this machines would give C2557 or C2558 like in case of black. If it is not a HV problem then it must be fualty TCR control. Is the TCR level on cyan between 4 to 8% even after dev depletion? if that is the case then it must be some sort of HV problem or a defect on the dev tank. Could even be some problem on the drum charge/discharge that changes the bias level. Could toner be the cause, these toner bottles must contain a persentage developer. Does your transfere belts show some sort of wear?

C550 error C2553

perhaps a read through can help point in some direction???

"rebuild of toner bottle motor assy. corrected the problem. im thinking a bad seated connector.."

No TCR errors? Just struggling with so many Cyan issue on so many machines!

You guys that are having all the issues with the developer units.
    Are you absolutely sure that you haven't got a toner delivery issue? I have had two of these machines now that have had seized Cyan delivery augers. The symptom is C-2551 errors. State confirm indicates toner levels of 1 or 2%.
    It appears that toner pushes past the seals in the auger bearing & locks it solid. On one machine it was only the Cyan, but on the other it was Cyan & Magenta.
    If you remove the upper cover & the toner bottles you can observe the auger drive rods from the toner delivery motors. If the bearings are seized you will see the drive rods vibrate instead of rotating.
    I hope this post is of some assistance.

Technician

clean the box toner an check sensor and motor of toner cyan

Afternoon guys

Has there been any issues out there with the Cyan units yet guys.

I am still getting units fail enclosed is the halftone and management list as you can see there is no dev and the levels are correct.

The unit is completely drained of dev for no apparent reason.

Any additional feedback would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files