Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    In England you will probably never see a snake in the wild.
    I have seen an adder in the wild, when I'm out walking I often look out for our native reptiles.
    Most reptiles are very secretive and will only attack something, that is not intended as prey, when it feels endangered. If you leave them alone, then they'll leave you alone. Now I do appreciate that sometimes you disturb them unintentionally. But, let's be honest, snakes cause far, far fewer deaths and injuries each year than our fellow humans do, we are the only animal that attack just for the fun of it!!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I have seen an adder in the wild, when I'm out walking I often look out for our native reptiles.
    Most reptiles are very secretive and will only attack something, that is not intended as prey, when it feels endangered. If you leave them alone, then they'll leave you alone. Now I do appreciate that sometimes you disturb them unintentionally. But, let's be honest, snakes cause far, far fewer deaths and injuries each year than our fellow humans do, we are the only animal that attack just for the fun of it!!
    That works well for places that are this far north. Or at least places that have a cold season. But in places that don't have a cold season there are way more critters vigorously competing for the same space. Because of that the force of evolution there has made them quite unlike what we living in areas with a cold season are used to, and some of those creatures have evolved to be bastards. Therefore, an intense fear of snakes is likely to be a survival skill there that we don't require here.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 01-23-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

We have rattle snakes in many areas in California. Normally they will as you say leave you alone if you leave them alone. If they feel threatened, they will first buzz their rattles to warn you away. During a part of the year, they shed their skins. During that time they are for a brief time (days) they are blind and will strike at anything warm as they feel it is either food or threat. At this time of the year, snake handlers will use balloons filled with warm water to get the snake t strike at the balloon. Once they have struck, they can then be picked up, if you know the proper method, as they can only strike when they are coiled. If not coiled, they can not get their head far enough off the ground to bite.

Technician

I spent a year at Kandahar Air Field repairing electronics for the Canadian military. The daily rocket attacks didn't bother me (although I wouldn't say they were fun), but just the thought of meeting up with a cobra or viper gave me nightmares! Came across a few black widow webs while running cables though; they didn't bother me but my coworker wouldn't go near them. The optics and filters on the copiers required constant cleaning, especially after a sandstorm.

Once a Technician (when we still had one) came to our offices to look at our machine .

He found a half eaten toast inside the paper feeder , you know what he did ?

Took my cup of coffee from my hands, sat down and ate that toast .
    A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words !!!

Technician

IN OLD copier days in a Canon NP270 I found a dead mouse that had been hit by the scanner while it was returning to Home position. A friend of mine had a mouse get squashed flat in a Canon NP120 fixing assembly.

The last one doesn't sound that bad...right? Two stainless steel rollers with 18kg of nip pressure can do some big damage! Paper would go in at A4 size and come out 2mm longer!

Technician

One more. Om a hot summers day I was called in for P/j's on an NP270. Jamming at the registration guides. Once I had pulled the Copier apart I found the cause.
    A Strawberry pip was standing vertically wedged in the exit of the registration guides and NOTHING could force it out! (Except for a metal ruler with some force applied!)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Whole coffee beans in a Sharp Mx4101 finisher, binding up the exit grip arm assembly. Butterscotch candy still in wrapper.
    Bottle of vodka hidden behind a machine.

My coworker had to clean up after a raccoon that was in the drop ceiling of an office, he fell through, trapped in the copy room, urinated all over the copier, and did a lot of other damage to the room.

Same coworker had a customer try to copy the label of a bottle of iodine in a sharp mxb301, without the cap on. They bought a new scanner unit.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzahos View Post
    One more. Om a hot summers day I was called in for P/j's on an NP270. Jamming at the registration guides. Once I had pulled the Copier apart I found the cause.
    A Strawberry pip was standing vertically wedged in the exit of the registration guides and NOTHING could force it out! (Except for a metal ruler with some force applied!)
    Enlighten me, what's a strawberry pip? I know what a strawberry is, of course....??

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    Enlighten me, what's a strawberry pip? I know what a strawberry is, of course....??
    A seed from a strawberry. That's why the raw ones can be a little crunchy.