Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

No G9 is not the latest. It is K2. Just remember that G20-K2 is the LK version for the i-option license. G00-K2 is the normal firmware without license option.

jr2748

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    No G9 is not the latest. It is K2. Just remember that G20-K2 is the LK version for the i-option license. G00-K2 is the normal firmware without license option.
    i had an issue with the ssdb it started rebooting over and over again. i had a spare ssd from a c284e so i installed it, updated ssd with A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m and it booted up fine. i then updated the MFP firmware with A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9. this is a c224e machine date sept. 2013. no blue dot on tag or white dot on ssd. the machine boots up fine and prints. do you think this will prevent future ssd reboot problem theses machines were plagued with or should i just get a new ssd board? also the factory service mode pass of 9272927292729272 then "end" will not work anymore. it just remarks "incorrect password wait for a while" same for admin pass that was "1234567812345678" it no longer works either. is there a factory reset i can do? i do not care about the data?

jr2748

what exactly does "G20-K2 is the LK version for the i-option license. G00-K2 is the normal firmware without license option" mean? i am using this machine for personal office use. i picked it up from a thrift store. it had been dropped and was pretty banged up but it was new never used. i tore the whole thing down to frame and bent it back in shape. had a transfer belt error that i found was a loose ground. it was working fine until the repeat reboot ssd problem.

jr2748

i am not sure if this link is of any help to anyone but i looks like it has some of the bizhub firmware people been asking for here myself included. looks like some of it may be out of date. i am very new here and can not guarantee its the firmware for the bizhub so please confirm before using it. i am still trying to get a clear answers on some of my machines problems but the the info flows very slow here.

http://upload.olivettifrance.fr/inde...me&sort_mode=d

Any how i am new to this board and have basically run across it looking for some help with my new printer i picked up at a bargain store. The c224e was pretty banged up but i got it working. tore it down to the frame straightened it out and got her printing. Its become a hobby and i find the machine interesting especially since it cost me just $50. But to be honest the impression i am getting in this board is that this is not a very friendly group here. Actually the overall feeling is one of a bunch of clannish stuck up know it all glorified copy repair guys that are not really interested in helping anyone. It may sound a bit harsh but that the impression i am getting. Post by new users are usually answers with questions and attitude. and novice end users are basically given attitude. I own a cleaning business and frequent many cleaners forums and for the most part we try to make an honest effort to help anyone we can. even if its a home owner who is trying to figure out how to do their own work. We help each other out too especially new guys just getting into the trade and yes possibly our future competition. Well that's my two cents for what its worth. i am waiting for the copytech wrath here lol.

This board to most is considered to be techs helping out others techs. It wasn't really meant for end users or someone doing this as a hobby.
    Many users here expect the posters to have some level of knowledge and experience of copiers and the electro-photographic process of laser printer theory

Every once in a while you see a post with someone trying to fix their copier when they have no clue what they are doing. We can tell from the type of questions and responses given. Ive seen suggestions to go find a real tech to those people. And in many of those cases it was good advice as they would likely make their copier worse than it is.

I personally don't care usually. I dont mind helping someone out if I have time. But at the same time I won't hold someone's hand through ever turn of every screw.

jr2748

This board to most is considered to be techs helping out others techs. It wasn't really meant for end users or someone doing this as a hobby.
    Many users here expect the posters to have some level of knowledge and experience of copiers and the electro-photographic process of laser printer theory

Every once in a while you see a post with someone trying to fix their copier when they have no clue what they are doing. We can tell from the type of questions and responses given. Ive seen suggestions to go find a real tech to those people. And in many of those cases it was good advice as they would likely make their copier worse than it is.

I personally don't care usually. I don't mind helping someone out if I have time. But at the same time I won't hold someone's hand through ever turn of every screw.
    Basically you just did exactly what i was talking about, answered my question with nothing! If you dont mind helping out why didn't you offer something of value?

But to be honest these machines are not that complicated if you just do a bit of reading. as i mentioned the unit i am working on looked like a truck ran over it. it required full disassembly down to the frame and even then when it was put back together it was spitting out code C2152. a bit of reading of the repair manual lead me to a bad ground on the transfer belt assembly that was easily rectified. So basically i had no more issues and a working machine until it started the notorious constant rebooting caused the the ssdb. i have asked for help here several times but nothing. While waiting for some response here i did some more searching and i ended up borrowing an ssdb from another banged up unit i have. i updated it with ssd repair tool that i found on this board (kudos to the guy who posted the link to that file). Lots of post on the ssd problem but not too many offering to help "for real". I was asking for help with a MFP firmware update and not too much help either. I found what i hope is a good update after digging around for days. But as i stand now with my machine is that i updated ssd with (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m) and updated firmware with (A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9 (1) i know the firmware is not the latest but i think the newer one will require some switch adjustments so i have held off on it. in short the machine does work and print, so far. The main issue i have been trying to pry some help with is that i can no longer log in to service mode with password 9272927292729272 and in the admin with pass of 1234567812345678 does not work in admin section. other than that i think i am ok. as for your comment about this board "It wasn't really meant for end users or someone doing this as a hobby" i will let you know that i clean carpet for a living and before i got this machine about 3 weeks ago i have never touched a piece of equipment like it before. oh did i mention that i never even graduated from high school, which is probably evident form my lack of writing skills. Before you judge a persons abilities you may want to exercise a bit of patience and you may find that what you yourself initially found very difficult to comprehend and learn may actually be very easy for someone else. Someone who thinks they know more than every one else is not smart they are arrogant.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MFP Firmware reload on C224e

jr2748 it doesn't sound like anyone was questioning your ability! Obviously you've succeeded in taking the machine appart and putting it back together again, you've read the manual and searched the forums for solutions. But it appears you missed this one important caution ( here it is directly from the service manual ):

5.4.10 SSD board (SSDB)
    NOTE
    • Never use the combination of the used SSD board removed from another machine and the original MFP board. This combination
    causes corruption of stored data.
    Note that the combination of the original SSD board and the used MFP board removed from another machine also causes the
    same problem.
    • Do not replace the printer control board and the SSD board with new ones at the same time. The backup data is lost and image
    failure may be caused.
    • Do not replace the MFP board and the SSD board with new ones at the same time.

Now several Field Letters and Tech Bulletins have been published on this, and it is to tell the truth a trained techs night mare! But I believe you now have a machine that is beyond repair without changing the MFP Board and SSD Board which seems impossible based on the caution from the Service Manual.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

jr2748

yes i can see that now. i was looking over bulletin TAEU1300521EN and i guess i looked over it to quickly and just zoned in on borrowing a ssd board from another machine to test. it does clearly say "To analyze the failure swap MFPB and SSDB as a set". Ok so i made a mistake but it cant be the end of the world the machines boots up and works fine. my problem is that i cant get the password for service mode to work. so what would you recommend? i have a c284e for spare parts. the c284e is where i borrowed the ssd from.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jr2748 View Post
    Basically you just did exactly what i was talking about, answered my question with nothing! If you dont mind helping out why didn't you offer something of value?

".
    You Hijacked this thread, posted a link that may or may not be of any use (I'm certainly not going to use it), then complain that you're not getting any real help, then you find that you just skimmed through the bulletin and induced your own problem, but somehow Wyseller's the bad guy here. According to KM's data base, if you replace two boards at the same time, you're screwed. How much more help can we give you? BTW, we had a MFP fall off the truck here...want to buy it? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Quote Originally Posted by adeyemi View Post
    I replaced the MFP board and i need to reload the firmware. I downloaded the A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9(00) firmware for this purpose, but i have not been able to relaod it on the machine. I think the problem i have is that i have not been able to prepare the usb stick i am using properly. Can someone explain in detail to me the exact format in which i will place my firmware on the usb so that the machine sees the firmware automatically when it boots up with the usb stick in its service port. Other advice on how to get the new MFP board working will also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4. How to install
    4.1. How to install program
    Use USB memory to install. For the details, see the Service Manual.
    Conditions for USB memory which can be used for updating the firmware are as follows:
    - Securities such as data encryption and password lock shall be released, or the security function shall be turned Off.
    - Memory with 1 GB to 2 GB are recommended (One with 4 GB or more may not operate)
    - Compatible with USB Version 1.0/2.0 interface
    - Formatted with FAT32 type
    - A USB flash memory that appears as multiple drives on a computer cannot be used.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE