Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    jr2748

Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You Hijacked this thread, posted a link that may or may not be of any use (I'm certainly not going to use it), then complain that you're not getting any real help, then you find that you just skimmed through the bulletin and induced your own problem, but somehow Wyseller's the bad guy here. According to KM's data base, if you replace two boards at the same time, you're screwed. How much more help can we give you? BTW, we had a MFP fall off the truck here...want to buy it? Emujo

yes i made a mistake and you are still providing nothing of value here. i have an idea, why not suggest a solution instead of beating me up for not being as smart as you lol. "what you do to the least of you you do to me" hmm who said that?

As i said the machine boots up and prints fine. there must be some solution to reset or gain access to the service mode. i have used the default password but it does not accept it anymore. the reason i have been posting here is that i tried to start a new thread but it would not post.

i would greatly appreciate some help. if that what this forum is intended for then maybe some one will step up.

jr2748

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    4. How to install
    4.1. How to install program
    Use USB memory to install. For the details, see the Service Manual.
    Conditions for USB memory which can be used for updating the firmware are as follows:
    - Securities such as data encryption and password lock shall be released, or the security function shall be turned Off.
    - Memory with 1 GB to 2 GB are recommended (One with 4 GB or more may not operate)
    - Compatible with USB Version 1.0/2.0 interface
    - Formatted with FAT32 type
    - A USB flash memory that appears as multiple drives on a computer cannot be used.
    i tried a 4 gb mem stick to load firmware and it did not work. i bought a new 2 gig stick and it worked like a charm.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jr2748 View Post
    yes i made a mistake and you are still providing nothing of value here. i have an idea, why not suggest a solution instead of beating me up for not being as smart as you lol. "what you do to the least of you you do to me" hmm who said that?

As i said the machine boots up and prints fine. there must be some solution to reset or gain access to the service mode. i have used the default password but it does not accept it anymore. the reason i have been posting here is that i tried to start a new thread but it would not post.

i would greatly appreciate some help. if that what this forum is intended for then maybe some one will step up.
    From the service manual---- NEVER forget the CE password. When forgetting the CE password, call responsible person of KM.

What else of value are you looking for? You have ***Ked up your machine and w/o a KM tech you cannot go any further. There are items that KM can replace to get you back up and running but there is no "secret" code (that us low life field techs have) that can bypass this. Props for being able to tear down and rebuild your MFP though....

If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Here is how you reset the CE Password.

Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1

At the Input password screen press Stop, Clear

Press "request code input" in which you will be given a request code.

Login into the Konica Minolta "License Management System" referred to as "LMS"

Choose "Issue a reset code"

Enter the serial number, mac address, and the request code then press "Issue"

Enter the generated reset code into the MFP.

Good luck finding a KM tech on this forum to do this for you. It is highly frowned upon by Konica Minolta and could cost someone their access and possibly their job. And since you took an SSD which basically is also the NVRAM from another machine which you are not supposed to do I am not even sure this will work for you. You possibly contaminated the system data on your machine. The MFP, SSD, and PRCB all back each other up. This is why you can't change more than one board at the same time. You might have to put in a brand new SSD board which konica minolta won't sell you and there is no part number for one either. I can't even get one without giving Konica Minolta a good reason.

It don't matter how smart you are even how much experience you have on copiers in general. Without going thru the proper training I could mechanically work on this series all day long just from general copier knowledge. But there are specifics to this model that if are not carried out properly you will end up with a very big paper weight.

jr2748

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Here is how you reset the CE Password.

Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1

At the Input password screen press Stop, Clear

Press "request code input" in which you will be given a request code.

Login into the Konica Minolta "License Management System" referred to as "LMS"

Choose "Issue a reset code"

Enter the serial number, mac address, and the request code then press "Issue"

Enter the generated reset code into the MFP.

Good luck finding a KM tech on this forum to do this for you. It is highly frowned upon by Konica Minolta and could cost someone their access and possibly their job. And since you took an SSD which basically is also the NVRAM from another machine which you are not supposed to do I am not even sure this will work for you. You possibly contaminated the system data on your machine. The MFP, SSD, and PRCB all back each other up. This is why you can't change more than one board at the same time. You might have to put in a brand new SSD board which konica minolta won't sell you and there is no part number for one either. I can't even get one without giving Konica Minolta a good reason.

It don't matter how smart you are even how much experience you have on copiers in general. Without going thru the proper training I could mechanically work on this series all day long just from general copier knowledge. But there are specifics to this model that if are not carried out properly you will end up with a very big paper weight.
    thanks for your help. It is obvious that your devoted to your trade and considerate enough to at least steer me in the right direction and i thank you for that. I have gotten that far and had that screen up but was not sure what to do with it. it looks like i will need to call KM and try to see if they will help me out. I have a feeling from the impression i am getting here that it will be a pain.

on another note, looking at this experience with this printer and what i have learned here i can only say i am really concerned with what our country has come to. Basically i have a piece of equipment that i own out right in my possession that i should be able to use. not unlike any another piece of equipment such as a tv, toaster, or any other appliance for that mater. why should i as an American in a free country have to get permission and beg some one to use my personal property. I own this machine. if i would have paid the thousands of dollars that these things cost and decided to tinker with it and needed to get my password back and had to go through this much trouble i would really be pist. In all honesty i find having to call KM to reset the password to my equipment bull! I am sure they have a ton of ways that they can try to pull that off but consider this. Our vehicles have become very complex and even though the manufactures try to implement systems that require us to get dealer service we as the owners of that car can still obtain the necessary tools and equipment to fix them ourselves. there are a ton of aftermarket solutions to even trick out the computers and get custom performance out of our vehicles, and that's the way it should be with our personal property. Any how looks like i need some professional help here. if some one here has the time and interest please get a hold of me and i would be happy to work out some compensation for your help. here is my machines status.

1. c224e manufacture date 2013 sept. machine was new never used no real setup except setting up ip address. default passwords worked for both service mode and admin.
    2. machine was working fine until the constant reboot problem that was attributed to the known faulty ssdb
    3. no blue dot on plate and no white dot on ssd.
    4. i have a damaged complete c284e for spare parts
    5. borrowed ssd card from spare machine (c284e) and installed it in the non booting c224e machine then booted up fine and printed no problems but the ip addressees was not the same as before so i had to change on the computer for it to print.
    6. updated ssd with ssd repair tool (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m) to prevent the reboot problem.
    7. booted up machine and it worked fine. shut it down
    8 updated MFP firmware with (A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9)
    9. booted up works fine but ip address changed again so i updated on computer again and it booted up and prints fine.

yes i now know that the MFPB and SSDB should have been tested on the non booting machine as a set. it would also require setting the machine type as well. But that is all done an over with and i would like to move forward.

my only current problem that i know of ( looks like all other options on system are fine) is that i can not get the default passwords for both service mode or admin mode to work. i am using the standard 9272 x4 for serv mode and 1-8 x2 for admin. i can not log in and set system settings.

thanks again to those of you that have reached out to help.

You may have to find a KM dealer. Calling KM direct may get you nowhere if you don't have a tech ID currently listed under a KM dealer. I have never tried to called them without a certified tech ID so I don't know for sure but just from my experience of how they operate I am willing to bet this.

When ever it comes to NVRAM Konica Minolta and some other manufactures will safe guard it because it could allow someone to reset meter count on a device and try to sell it as new. It would be like you rolling back the mileage on your vehicle to gain an advantage in a sale. Also because security these days is very important to some businesses. The CE password once known and someone is knowledgeable enough can compromise the equipment and do whatever they want. The admin password change be changed easily but only if you can get by the CE password.

Edit: also it looks like you went from G00-A9 to G20-G9

The G00 is the standard base firmware. The G20 is for when you purchase the i-option license. Don't know what the effect of you leaving it at the G20 but I have been told to never use it unless you will be installing the i-option license which is what that firmware is designed for. There are different i-option licenses, but the most common is to add the web browser which requires additional memory stick. The web browser is normally used for Bizhub marketplace apps or in our most common reason is for an embedded print management interface that uses the web browser as a back end.

So if you do have to get a tech out make sure they don't over look the firmware and have them change it.

What you want instead of G20-G9 you want G00-G9. Or better yet there has been a J5, J6, J9, and now a G00-K2 which is the latest as of now.
    Last edited by wseyller; 03-12-2015 at 04:21 AM.

jr2748

You may have to find a KM dealer. Calling KM direct may get you nowhere if you don't have a tech ID currently listed under a KM dealer. I have never tried to called them without a certified tech ID so I don't know for sure but just from my experience of how they operate I am willing to bet this.

When ever it comes to NVRAM Konica Minolta and some other manufactures will safe guard it because it could allow someone to reset meter count on a device and try to sell it as new. It would be like you rolling back the mileage on your vehicle to gain an advantage in a sale. Also because security these days is very important to some businesses. The CE password once known and someone is knowledgeable enough can compromise the equipment and do whatever they want. The admin password change be changed easily but only if you can get by the CE password.

Edit: also it looks like you went from G00-A9 to G20-G9

The G00 is the standard base firmware. The G20 is for when you purchase the i-option license. Don't know what the effect of you leaving it at the G20 but I have been told to never use it unless you will be installing the i-option license which is what that firmware is designed for. There are different i-option licenses, but the most common is to add the web browser which requires additional memory stick. The web browser is normally used for Bizhub marketplace apps or in our most common reason is for an embedded print management interface that uses the web browser as a back end.

So if you do have to get a tech out make sure they don't over look the firmware and have them change it.

What you want instead of G20-G9 you want G00-G9. Or better yet there has been a J5, J6, J9, and now a G00-K2 which is the latest as of now.

awesome i really appreciate that info. correct me if i am wrong but i think i ran across somewhere that some of those firmware updates require setting some dip switches on the board? does anyone know about that? also could the fact that the ssd was updated with A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m and the MFP firmware G20-G9 have an effect perhaps? or do the two have nothing to do with each other?

The new SSD version is 6.05m which would be included in the newer firmwares.

The softswitch setting is for the function version. Latest K2 supports version 7 which is switch 25 set to hex 60.

jr2748

The new SSD version is 6.05m which would be included in the newer firmwares.

The softswitch setting is for the function version. Latest K2 supports version 7 which is switch 25 set to hex 60.
    ok so switch 25 hex 60 what about bit assignment? also at what point do i set the switch, before i reboot with firmware upgrade or after? or do i need to boot machine in some other mode? like i said if someone wants to get with me on PM or phone get a hold of me and i will be happy to compensate you for your troubles.

I agree with wseyller, this forum is for techs helping out each other. In most cases the tech that needs help is expected to have done the diligence first. I personally don't have the time to provide free detailed help to end users and i pay for the services that i get from professionals of other trades. I find it remarkable that many techs are going extra miles trying to help jr2748 after his unpleasant comments about this forum.