Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Which was the BEST copier ever Xerox Docutech

Yes there are alot of good machines out there. But the best ever was the Xerox Docutech.
    Up to 180 pages a minute, in production for 25 years, full glue book binding and 100 page sticher. It was in every large digital print shop. The thing is, if you had never worked on one you wanted to.
    It is the MT Everest of copiers/Printers. 1 million pages between services. Customers would do that every month. 12 million a year no worries. 100 million then it was refurbed. Does any other machine do 100 million.
    And yes i have worked on Konicas (Ubix) and Oce copy press machines and Canon and Kyocera and Panasonic and Toshiba(how mant time can you get away with manufacturing the same machine) and Xerox.
    Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcopy View Post
    Yes there are alot of good machines out there. But the best ever was the Xerox Docutech.
    Up to 180 pages a minute, in production for 25 years, full glue book binding and 100 page sticher. It was in every large digital print shop. The thing is, if you had never worked on one you wanted to.
    It is the MT Everest of copiers/Printers. 1 million pages between services. Customers would do that every month. 12 million a year no worries. 100 million then it was refurbed. Does any other machine do 100 million.
    And yes i have worked on Konicas (Ubix) and Oce copy press machines and Canon and Kyocera and Panasonic and Toshiba(how mant time can you get away with manufacturing the same machine) and Xerox.
    Thanks
    Eeh! That must be 'The Mother of all copiers'.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The nice thing too is that now or soon the time limit on the docutech patents should expire, so then it becomes public domain and anyone can build them. If I'm still alive in a few years...maybe I'll do that...

Patent office:

How long does patent protection last?

For applications filed on or after June 8, 1995, utility and plant patents are granted for a term which begins with the date of the grant and usually ends 20 years from the date you first applied for the patent subject to the payment of appropriate maintenance fees for a utility patent. There are no maintenance fees for plant patents . Design patents last 14 years from the date you are granted the patent. No maintenance fees are required for design patents.
    Note: Patents in force on June 8, 1995 and patents issued thereafter on applications filed prior to June 8, 1995 automatically have a term that is the greater of the twenty year term discussed above or seventeen years from the patent grant.

Source: Patents

Quote Originally Posted by xcopy View Post
    Thanks

CraigWells

Re: Which was the BEST copier ever? #Sharp SD-2260

Haven't heard anything about the Sharp SD-2260. Big, Analog, heavy, (but rolls easy)
    Love the "air-feed". Wish they had made a digital version.

Re: Which was the BEST copier ever?

Xerox WorkCentre 133, Xerox 4110

Konica Minolta B1250, the only machine that has given me more than 2.5M copies without a SC code and still counting. Touch wood.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

The one that keeps working!......
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The one that keeps working!......
    Hehe

That family of Kyocera are really great machines, I still have a fleet of them running well (it doesn't hurt that everthing is unit replaceable.

I've started working on Sharp's in the last 6 years and the Hercules is by far my favourite box. It's huge but easy to work on and can easly go 2 to 3 hundred K between calls if properly maintained.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by hallux13 View Post
    That family of Kyocera are really great machines, I still have a fleet of them running well (it doesn't hurt that everthing is unit replaceable.

I've started working on Sharp's in the last 6 years and the Hercules is by far my favourite box. It's huge but easy to work on and can easly go 2 to 3 hundred K between calls if properly maintained.

Cheers!

BH B1250 can do 1M+ between Calls. Generally i go and clean them for inspection reasons at about 400K.