Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question No. 2

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Question No. 2

So you opened a fresh tube of superglue and used some and screwed on the cover. a few days later you go to use it and you can't get the glue out because the nozzle is clogged.

What do you do to make the glue flow ?, or how do you clear the passage for the glue to exit out the tube ?

These are the everyday woes that we face, some have figured out or created work around to simplify things. Trying to see what tricks and tips you folks has come up with. money and time and frustration can be saved. After all, we are all going to die, so share the secrets before that happen .

By the way, anyone can feel free to pop a question that comes to mind on these series of Q AND A. After all it is for making our lives or jobs a bit less hectic.
    Last edited by subaro; 04-26-2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: q
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Question No. 2

Re: Question No. 2

Three choices (I like having multiple choices):

1) Buy the small single use tubes. You never have to try to get them flowing again.
    2) Use a needle to clear the opening. It usually works only once, and you draw blood, but that just makes the superglue a nice pink color. Additionally you can use some of the cyanoacetate to seal up the fresh wound.
    3) Slit open the tube portion with a knife, and get what you can from the other end of the tube.

I've gone to choice #1 in most cases. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Its a fun time if that leaks into your tool bag. There are a couple of permanently bonded screws on the bottom of my tool bag.
    Would i ever learn.

I don't think there is a way to get it loose without taking a bit of the bag along. Any advice on that?

Question No. 2

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Its a fun time if that leaks into your tool bag. There are a couple of permanently bonded screws on the bottom of my tool bag.
    Would i ever learn.

I don't think there is a way to get it loose without taking a bit of the bag along. Any advice on that?
    Try this:

Hot Stuff Ultra Super Solvent 2 oz (HOTUS-1) | RC Planet

Or you can use the dremel and a grinding wheel. Just go a little at the time so the screw doesn't get too hot, and stop grinding when the screw is gone. =^..^=

I rather make peace with the screws. Ever messed up a desk with super glue?

The link seem to be stuffed.

Hehe just found a product called "Goof Off"

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Would i ever learn.

Don't know if you were still in diapers then, when there was no ball point pen and had to use wet ink pens and had to refill the tubes. well a lot of shirts, pants and book and bags were ruined and you eventually would have to wear the stain and hoped you learn from that. same applies to super glue. GROW UP and get an air tight plastic bottle.
    As for goof off. It is great for removing glue residues. There are different types. There is one that will eat plastic instantly, so read the label carefully before you buy.
    I don't use it much though because of the chemical ingredients. look up the msds sheets and see the hazard ratings. There are eco friendly products that you have to buy and experiment to see how they perform. good for your health and you can use in your home too therefore family health.
    If you take a look at the average north american home, you will see a toxic storage container essentially.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I remember the first super glue commercials and they had a man in a hard hat glued to the bottom of a steal beam. So, how come when I need it to hold two pieces of broken plastic together on a copier, it never works? However, if you have some time to kill, it works great gluing coins to floors and watching people try to pick them up.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

"GROW UP and get an air tight plastic bottle. " You are very correct on that Subaro. No spills from a screwdriver punching a hole in the tube also. Mongo

Question No. 2

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I remember the first super glue commercials and they had a man in a hard hat glued to the bottom of a steal beam. So, how come when I need it to hold two pieces of broken plastic together on a copier, it never works? However, if you have some time to kill, it works great gluing coins to floors and watching people try to pick them up.
    Are you buying the Super Glue brand, or the Dollar Store cheapie stuff. You may be surprised to know that the official Super Glue brand had to weaken the bond because too many idiots like us have glued our fingers together. The Dollar Store Chinese glue is the original Cyano-Acetate, full strength. =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    "GROW UP and get an air tight plastic bottle. " You are very correct on that Subaro. No spills from a screwdriver punching a hole in the tube also. Mongo

That is a freaking nice avatar. i like when it says ok, the paper is actually coming out of the machine.

As for what i do to solve this problem is this. get a very small drill bit or straighten a paper clip[of course cut the paper clip to reasonable length ] and sharpen one end[ not the drill bit, but the paper clip ] not pointed but in a chisel format. put it in your cordless drill and start slowly into the tip of the glue tube and in fifteen or so seconds the hole is free and never cuts or punctures or blood . It works for me every time so i can use any size tube.
    Alternatively, if you do not have a cordless drill and you have the manual pen drill you can use that also.

Hope this was helpfull
    Last edited by subaro; 04-27-2015 at 02:17 AM.