Thread: Question No. 3

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Question No. 3

What method do you use to remove plastic c-clip from shafts. Some use fingers, some pliers and some prying. If they are dirty with toner and grit, i prefer not to use my hand. So throw out some detailed description of tools and methods you use. Others can pickup some tips here.
    Please note. Not the metal type, that is for another question time.

lets hear
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Question No. 3

Re: Question No. 3

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    What method do you use to remove plastic c-clip from shafts. Some use fingers, some pliers and some prying. If they are dirty with toner and grit, i prefer not to use my hand.
    Are you implying that you don't like to get your hands dirty??? You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty in this biz, it's a requirement!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Are you implying that you don't like to get your hands dirty??? You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty in this biz, it's a requirement!!!!!!!!
    No, not at all. But i use other means to avoid the finger nails getting dirty with toner and dirt [I will post how i do this after i see some replies] read my other posts on the quesitons i have asked and you will see that. i asked a question and then somewhere along the thread i posted how i answered the question ... see question 1 and 2 .
    I am doing this too long for your statement to be taken seriously. Again as the saying goes, work smarter, not harder.
    But, you actually did not reply to the meat of the question really, have you ?.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Question No. 3

There's a reason I have 3 sizes of hemostats in the bag..............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Question No. 3

Ditto that. Hemostats work nicely, since often the plastic variety of C-clips are found in inaccessible locations. And since they clamp, you can concentrate on positioning the clip without worrying about dropping it.

Hemostats.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Hemostats work amazingly well for the plastic clips that have the little bend at the top. They are not so good for the ones that don't. I either use my fingers or tweakers for those ones, and I carry extra clips to replace the ones that achieve FTL velocities and leave the known solar system.
    One problem I have with hemostats is that the jaws get twisted and don't match up properly. I suppose there is a chance that could be from when I was probably in the Reserves and there were occasions where "any tool is the right tool", but it is more likely that the hemostats I use are just cheap pieces of crap.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i also use the hemostats for the plastic clips with a bend on the top. for the flat little pain in the ###, a small tweaker works the best. if it's on the back of the machine, like a clutch, I put a rag under it to catch it. and, yes, I also carry replacements. they love to fly!

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar

My Teeth.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.