Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

Left field, but. how about when it is dumping, carefully swap the cyan & magenta devs. (After covering the toner inlets)
    Should let you know if it is dev or hv.

Technician

Hi - its been years since I posted here or at d-net - Long time reader of both sites, most days still!
    (Nearly 30 years Konica/Kyocera tech)

This thread reminded me of something which you might find interesting about the Original Toner, which naturally I want see used.
    I have only had this problem when running original. (many don't, not by my choice)

TNBT1400371EN - Dev added to toner 222e.pdf

This is probably irrelevant, unless in circumstances where extremely High Toner coverage is constantly printed, causing high replenishing..?
    Could this be overloading the units with Developer and causing the overspill?

Thought I would just contribute this...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKTeam View Post
    Hi - its been years since I posted here or at d-net - Long time reader of both sites, most days still!
    (Nearly 30 years Konica/Kyocera tech)

This thread reminded me of something which you might find interesting about the Original Toner, which naturally I want see used.
    I have only had this problem when running original. (many don't, not by my choice)

TNBT1400371EN - Dev added to toner 222e.pdf

This is probably irrelevant, unless in circumstances where extremely High Toner coverage is constantly printed, causing high replenishing..?
    Could this be overloading the units with Developer and causing the overspill?

Thought I would just contribute this...
    Very interesting UKTeam. Thank you for that information. When was that bulletin released if you that info?

Technician

October 2014 is the date I obtained it....

Quote Originally Posted by UKTeam View Post
    October 2014 is the date I obtained it....
    Many thanks

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Precisely 6000 colour pages printed since last failure.

cyan corkscrew patterns again, cyan drum charge grid contaminated, developer and toner stains at edge of top side of drum cartridge where its been tracking into the waste section.

Time to try the HV board me thinks.

I blew out the 6k old drum and had it installed for the new dev to run up after installing the new hv board.

the grid was contaminated yet again on completion and the mylar below the dev roller was totally covered in cyan toner.

After running some tests I cleaned the dev unit before installing the new drum and run some more tests afterwards. Thankfully everything stayed clean from then on. Starting to think this might be a transportation issue. Again just like the last one the dev was piled at one end out of the box and very difficult to start turning to correct this. This was fresh out of the warehouse yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    I blew out the 6k old drum and had it installed for the new dev to run up after installing the new hv board.

the grid was contaminated yet again on completion and the mylar below the dev roller was totally covered in cyan toner.

After running some tests I cleaned the dev unit before installing the new drum and run some more tests afterwards. Thankfully everything stayed clean from then on. Starting to think this might be a transportation issue. Again just like the last one the dev was piled at one end out of the box and very difficult to start turning to correct this. This was fresh out of the warehouse yesterday.
    have had another 4 units fail this week. The units are still failing between 50-80k. Two of the copiers this week have been in the customers for over a year with no problems then BANG this happens.
    I still can not beleive this is not a more common problem through out the industry. It seem s that i am the only person that is having this issue on a major scale.
    If the copier would be failing within weeks i would say i am doing something wrong but after a year to 18 months then no.
    I am also confused as to why it is only the CYAN dev unit that is having the issues.

Oh well onwards and upwards we will get there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuser View Post
    have had another 4 units fail this week. The units are still failing between 50-80k. Two of the copiers this week have been in the customers for over a year with no problems then BANG this happens.
    I still can not beleive this is not a more common problem through out the industry. It seem s that i am the only person that is having this issue on a major scale.
    If the copier would be failing within weeks i would say i am doing something wrong but after a year to 18 months then no.
    I am also confused as to why it is only the CYAN dev unit that is having the issues.

Oh well onwards and upwards we will get there in the end.
    I THINK we have a new c364e machine also destroying cyan dev units it already failed 2 weeks ago. Will know more on Monday, I think it's failed again. I'd be happier getting 80k, i cant even get 10k at the moment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Seems to be two types of fault arround on these machines.
    The dev draining one and a c255* error code which is related to the toner sub hopper assembly gears.