Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Technician

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    Very glittery and with an unknown substance on it at first. Then Clean after I was done. I do not even want to hazard a guess as to the said unknown smear on the glass.
    Is stripper dust magnetic?

Also, they may need it to creat fake tattoos on letraset paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzahos View Post
    Is stripper dust magnetic?

Also, they may need it to creat fake tattoos on letraset paper.
    Glitter printer. its really electrostatic.
    Just the right accessory for the stripper on the go.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Got a call on a bizhub c652 for a fuser error today. The code would not reset and when iI felt the pressure roller. it felt like it was damaged. It was only at half life and that is odd for a bizhub. I went back to the shop and got a new fuser. When I pulled the old one. it looked as though something had rubbed a spot on one end of the pressure roller. I then noticed something in the bottom of the fuser that look almost like a braided flat ground cable. Grabbed my stats and pulled it out. It was a medium sized silver cross. Apparently the girl had been looking everywhere for it. First jewelry I ever found in a machine.

I then explained that she couldn't copy her jewlery on a laser copier, she was thinking of a 3D printer.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Got a call on a bizhub c652 for a fuser error today. The code would not reset and when iI felt the pressure roller. it felt like it was damaged. It was only at half life and that is odd for a bizhub. I went back to the shop and got a new fuser. When I pulled the old one. it looked as though something had rubbed a spot on one end of the pressure roller. I then noticed something in the bottom of the fuser that look almost like a braided flat ground cable. Grabbed my stats and pulled it out. It was a medium sized silver cross. Apparently the girl had been looking everywhere for it. First jewelry I ever found in a machine.

I then explained that she couldn't copy her jewlery on a laser copier, she was thinking of a 3D printer.

Many many yeras ago when I first started working on typewriters I got a weird call to assist on an IBM Magcard. Weird for two reasons. One I did work for IBM at the time, but was not trained on the mag card. Weirdness number two, service call was to assist customer who was tangled up in machine. Seems the young lady was leaning over the machine as it was printing out a letter. Her hair while quite beautiful was also nearly floor length. Think Crystal Gayle length hair. Yeap her hair was long enough so that when she leaned over the typewriter portion of the Magcard it was long enough to get inside the printer part of the machine. It somehow into typewriter and did get wrapped around the print shaft while the machine was on auto/print mode. The cover was not opened and the customer had remover the plastic noise reduction hood. Thankfully someone there before I got there had turned off the machine. Sadly the only solution was to grab a pair of scissors and cut her hair to release her. It was that badly tangled inside the typewriter portion of the magcard.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Many many yeras ago when I first started working on typewriters I got a weird call to assist on an IBM Magcard. Weird for two reasons. One I did work for IBM at the time, but was not trained on the mag card. Weirdness number two, service call was to assist customer who was tangled up in machine. Seems the young lady was leaning over the machine as it was printing out a letter. Her hair while quite beautiful was also nearly floor length. Think Crystal Gayle length hair. Yeap her hair was long enough so that when she leaned over the typewriter portion of the Magcard it was long enough to get inside the printer part of the machine. It somehow into typewriter and did get wrapped around the print shaft while the machine was on auto/print mode. The cover was not opened and the customer had remover the plastic noise reduction hood. Thankfully someone there before I got there had turned off the machine. Sadly the only solution was to grab a pair of scissors and cut her hair to release her. It was that badly tangled inside the typewriter portion of the magcard.
    When I first as started in the office equipment repair field technicians who worked on equipment such as posting machines and electric calculators which had many rotating cams when doing a calculation either did not wear a tie, wore a clip on tie or had a pair of scissors in one hand.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When I first as started in the office equipment repair field technicians who worked on equipment such as posting machines and electric calculators which had many rotating cams when doing a calculation either did not wear a tie, wore a clip on tie or had a pair of scissors in one hand.
    Ditto that. At only 20 cpm you have plenty of time to hack through your tie with wire cutters. You'd be surprised how motivated you can get.

The resulting bit of cloth was printed with the Seldrum test pattern, and landed neatly in the exit tray. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When I first started in this biz ... the scissors were a Standard Operating Tools .
    We would set them close at hand prior to any work on some machines. We would of course tuck our ties inside our shirts, but sometimes, they could slip out.

We were really happy when the Owner of the business started allowing us to wear Clip-On ties. We always kept a couple on hand .
    Now we can wear regular shirts and NO TIES !
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I am sure that people in the future will look back at us an think how ridicules we were to tie a piece of cloth around our necks with pictures or designs on it. Not even a symmetrical piece of cloth, but one with different angles, and a second smaller piece hanging behind it.

I guess if they had copiers in the 1700's, techs would show up wearing powered wigs and fancy pointed shoes.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I've never had a tie go through the rollers on a machine, but I did have one go through the chain drive of a 3M VQC. I found then that tie tacks and clips were very useful to prevent that and I used to have a bunch of the cheap ones. Tie tacks could be troublesome if you lost the clip that anchored them, but as I was probably in the Reserves then I found that the clips for pin on rank usually made for a suitable replacement.
    Sometimes they would be a spiff for completing manufacturers training. I got a pretty neat tie clip from Riso back in the day.
    As for the tie that went through the chain drive, it was permanently stained with chain lube, and as such unwearable. I'm pretty sure I set it on fire.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cockroach stuck between 2 gears.

Human hair...........ouch.

Flesh......wasn't in a copy machine though. Book binding machine.