Page 79 of 234 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

I hate it when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years. I mean, it's not like I have 2020 vision.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I hate it when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years. I mean, it's not like I have 2020 vision.
    Groan.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

With all the problems America is having, you would almost think it were built on thousands of ancient Indian burial sites. Oh wait a minute...
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

They must be high as a kite...

Canadian firm patents inflatable space elevator

The hover board may not be that far away.

Magnetism generated in non-magnetic metals
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 08-14-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    With all the problems America is having, you would almost think it were built on thousands of ancient Indian burial sites. Oh wait a minute...
    holy smoke

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I live in a port town along the gulf of mexico. Our port authority is concerned that we are going to lose businesses with the cruise ship industry because the new super ships can't get under the bridge...Raising the bridge or making it a draw bridge would be a huge expense so they were looking for community feedback for new ideas. More than one person suggested dredging the channel to make it 20 feet deeper...When I heard this I was sipping on coffee...that hurts coming out your nose...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I live in a port town along the gulf of mexico. Our port authority is concerned that we are going to lose businesses with the cruise ship industry because the new super ships can't get under the bridge...Raising the bridge or making it a draw bridge would be a huge expense so they were looking for community feedback for new ideas. More than one person suggested dredging the channel to make it 20 feet deeper...When I heard this I was sipping on coffee...that hurts coming out your nose...Emujo
    that's ok . imagine if you were
    eating olives

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The older bridges over the Illinois river have unusually high spans as during WWII warships constructed in Chicago went that way on their trip to the Gulf of Mexico. Granted, the main hull and the ship's superstructure were only assembled after they reached deeper water.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If you like beer, I hope you got to enjoy International Beer Day!
    Holiday Doodles » August 7, 2015: Sea Serpent Day; International Beer Day
    I have been led to believe that sea serpents are a creation of fiction and myth. But I live close to a thousand miles away from any currently existing ocean. So for what it is worth I hope that people in more seafaring areas don't have to deal with that.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Oh!.... I'd tell the engineer to build a grid layer of liquid nitrogen filled pipes under the polar ice caps to stop the polar ice melting an raising the sea level under the bridge.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 08-15-2015 at 03:35 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••