Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
    grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

i stand by my view of the Ricoh Metis range as being shite. Dev units failing early as normal - bags of crap these are!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by techno77 View Post
    Konica color boxes as a whole, 7728 9028. This is why it's Konica Minolta now, Konica could make a reliable color copier.
    And Konica's B&W machines weren't known for their quality either.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    And Konica's B&W machines weren't known for their quality either.
    I always liked the early Konicas. I felt like the merger was when they tanked. Minolta bankrupted their company so Konica hands the reins of their to the bad managers? makes sense to me. Minolta was always the driving force behind their color though.

Oh well...all ancient history now.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    i stand by my view of the Ricoh Metis range as being shite. Dev units failing early as normal - bags of crap these are!
    I'm told it's actually been faulty toner bottles causing the void lines, etc. that so many of have seen on the Metis series. Trainer showed me a couple of tiny black clumps he said came out of a Metis toner bottle. These get worked into the dev units and cause voids.

I've seen so many bad batches of toner since these things came out...

Anything that says Kyocera.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    I always liked the early Konicas. I felt like the merger was when they tanked. Minolta bankrupted their company so Konica hands the reins of their to the bad managers? makes sense to me. Minolta was always the driving force behind their color though.

Oh well...all ancient history now.
    As a legacy Minolta dealer, I know the Minolta 45 to 55 ppm machines weren't great, but, when we got saddled with the Di551/7155 we realized the Di450/550 were perfect compared to them.
    Yup, ancient history.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    As a legacy Minolta dealer, I know the Minolta 45 to 55 ppm machines weren't great, but, when we got saddled with the Di551/7155 we realized the Di450/550 were perfect compared to them.
    Yup, ancient history.
    Understood, I was on the other side of the fence, Legacy Konica and when the service modes and codes started making sense to nobody, the complaints started flying. And yes, the 7155 was a weird box. Seemed to dump toner and could not keep clean. Feed units were easy to service but required too much service. The prior machines were much stronger (except for the 7055 7065) Still, compared to some of the current machines, they were not as bad as they got to be.

I HATED the days right after the merger when nobody had a clue who was in charge and what the combination was going to put out next.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Understood, I was on the other side of the fence, Legacy Konica and when the service modes and codes started making sense to nobody, the complaints started flying. And yes, the 7155 was a weird box. Seemed to dump toner and could not keep clean. Feed units were easy to service but required too much service. The prior machines were much stronger (except for the 7055 7065) Still, compared to some of the current machines, they were not as bad as they got to be.

I HATED the days right after the merger when nobody had a clue who was in charge and what the combination was going to put out next.
    The darkest days were when they threw the Bizhub 500 into the mix. They already had a B&W machine that barely worked so they thought "Let's put another one out there and see how it goes". lol
    The only thing worse than one POS is two POSs.

Technician

By far the machine that I hate to work on the most is the xerox 9201 colorqube. Every call takes up half your day purging print heads and masking jets. The 30 min warm up time is ridicules. The only positive thing about them is they rarely jam.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Any Konica Minolta that ends with an E! These have been the biggest piles of crap I've seen since Ricoh thought it was a great idea to use gel ink instead of toner.