Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by minoltaed View Post
    Anything that says Kyocera.

If my memory serves me right, there was a thread that asked the opposite question. something like the best copier you worked on, i tried to find it but could not at the moment. Anyway the consensus seemed to be the kyocera falcon2 series. km-3035.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    If my memory serves me right, there was a thread that asked the opposite question. something like the best copier you worked on, i tried to find it but could not at the moment. Anyway the consensus seemed to be the kyocera falcon2 series. km-3035.

Which was the BEST copier ever?

hth
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Re: Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever?

Anybody who worked on the TOSHIBA c3511 knows it was the worst engineered copier ever! I never saw 1 with a 1,000 total prints that didn't need a $1,000 dollars in parts, MODs didn't help, Carousel developers would fling toner everywhere! Transfer Belt tore on every machine! Cleaner blade scratched the crap out of the drum, and leaked all over the laser unit. The engineers should have to fall on their Swords for that piece of junk! They looked nice though...

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    sr-3150 i think with the booklet maker. staple head goes out of alignment. I recently had the whole of the inside removed and in bits to realign the unit, the dev units are hit and miss and it doesn't help you can't just replace the dev. ive had the pt roller stick giving patchy copies, the ITB unit shreds? the pf drive unit bends a pin giving a clicking sound - twice i've had that. the fusers are yuk.

today the black dev unit shredded a drive gear - ripped the teeth to shreds.

oh and ive had the cyan toner hopper worm screw bend and buckle to stop the toner being dropped into the dev unit.

I cant believe that they have got this so wrong when the previous range was a really good machine. I dont think ive seen many parts hit the pm cycle - bugger knows what will happen when the crappy toner hits them at my place!
    More crap from this range of machines - press roller drive gears
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Hp 9000 mfp. machine takes a million years to boot and then when you think it going to be ready some error code. ok, so you think you found the problem and same procedure again, wait, wait and wait hoping not to see the red blinking light and only to go through this again. paper jam, you have to open every jam door or cover and if you are not familar with the machine can't find the paper. stupid error codes that have no meaning that hp can't decode properly, and lct that test your nerves.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo.tsuru View Post
    Sharp 7800, 2020, 2118,2114,7850,2116.........they are a piece of junk
    Don't forget the mx-6201

emilio559

Anything that has the name FRONTIER from sharp

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Mita 213, before all the modifications and a close 2nd place?..... Mita 213 after all the modifications.
    I remember our Mita rep coming to our office and giving our sales people a hard time, saying any sales person can sell a good copier, but it takes a great salesperson to sell a Mita 213.

Kevin Flynn

Anything with dispersant or a Secretary III

Hi-Tech Rick

The 3M machine that used the pink tissue paper and special white transfer paper to make a copy. First 'copier' I remember.