Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP 1320 need second opinion.

Just seems like a power supply would cause problems right to left instead of LE to TE. Question--did you run an engine test?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

Are you sure the fuser film is good? if it slid over or is wrecked on that end you'll get the black line

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavvet View Post
    Are you sure the fuser film is good? if it slid over or is wrecked on that end you'll get the black line

The line is being written on the drum. I stopped it half way and pulled the cartridge
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP 1320 need second opinion.

So you haven't swapped the AIO toner cartridge yet?

If it were me I would not trust that any enduser or any tech actually did what they said they did. You have to do it yourself to be absolutely sure.

I would feel particularly stupid if I did not try the simplest and most obvious solution.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

While you are in the junk pile, see if there is a serviceable toner cartridge you can get also.
    As someone who may have some small experience in Quartermaster, it is beginning to sound like their toner cartridge distribution system or storage area may not be up to spec, and the toner supply they have on hand now got hosed because of that.

I found the same printer headed for the junk pile, Just killed yesterday, customer refused est. When the tech who worked on it comes back tomorrow I will find out what is wrong with it. It may have needed a paper tray or something simple. If that is the case,I will take the easy way out. Basically plan to swap the printers and swap the data plate for serial number. I will try the cartridge first. If it was a bigger issue that killed it, I have a power supply to swap without the customer to having to eat it. Was a little uneasy about buying the power supply without someone else having had a similar issue. Will update tomorrow.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

OK, from the time I posted that I may swap the printers, until now, I have thought about this several times. That means it is driving me nuts to know what the real fix will be, si I will most likely take the other printer as a part source and fix the damn thing, it will drive me nuts if I don't. Guess this job gets in your blood after a while. You have the easy out and want to fix it anyway.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

It gets bad for those of us who enjoy our work. If we don't have a machine to obsess over, we end up not being able to sleep.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP 1320 need second opinion.

This thread makes me very curious like others. Seems like all the possible causes are posted/shared.

One thing i will try if you don't have another trusted toner cartridge: take out PCR (primary charge roller) and mount it back with the ends in the other way, your problem should move on the other side of the page.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    So you haven't swapped the AIO toner cartridge yet?

If it were me I would not trust that any enduser or any tech actually did what they said they did. You have to do it yourself to be absolutely sure.

I would feel particularly stupid if I did not try the simplest and most obvious solution.
    =^..^=

Thank you for pointing that out. Saved me a lot of work.

I had the twin printer at the shop. The customer has turned down a fuser quote. I opened the manual and gutted the thing. Most complex fuser removal ever. I had the print head, formatter, and power supply. As I was getting ready to leave, BC's comment stuck in my head about don't trust the customer. Problem was that there was no cartridge in it. I ask the other tech and he pointed to a box they were going to pick up, as they had to buy it new to test their machine. It was remanned, but brand new, so I took it. Put the cartridge in, and the line was gone. The customer is amazed and swears he personally changed the cartridge. I trade them out again and his has the line, mine does not. He swears the defect is the same and was on this OEM cartridge from the first page.

Thanks again BC.