Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Have to agree with techpat. Especially the 2020/2120/2116/2118 models.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Makes me want to b!tch slap Orson Welles for all those Nasuha Copier add's on TV.
    They got their moneys worth out of those ads, right up to when the Nashua name disappeared in Aust when you said "Nashua" someone said "No 1 in plain paper copiers" Not bad since he died in 1985.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    They got their moneys worth out of those ads, right up to when the Nashua name disappeared in Aust when you said "Nashua" someone said "No 1 in plain paper copiers" Not bad since he died in 1985.
    Ha... Yeah every one would attempt parody Orson Welles deep low vocals <add bass tone> "No1 in plain paper copiers".

I remember wrecking a few sets of good cloths working on Nashua liquid machines. I was happy when the last one was removed from the field.

Long time ago..., how time fly's....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    More crap from this range of machines - press roller drive gears
    Is this for the MPC5503 series? The exploding ITB has happened to me 3 times and shredded parts of the ITB would go absolutely everywhere and get into dev's destroy the fuser etc. So it would basically mean replacement of ITB, fuser and all PCDU's. Extreme cost blow out for service department. Ridiculous!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lfruean View Post
    Is this for the MPC5503 series? The exploding ITB has happened to me 3 times and shredded parts of the ITB would go absolutely everywhere and get into dev's destroy the fuser etc. So it would basically mean replacement of ITB, fuser and all PCDU's. Extreme cost blow out for service department. Ridiculous!
    Heh, that sounds like the exploding sorter Lanier had back in the analog days, although it would spew parts outside of the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Heh, that sounds like the exploding sorter Lanier had back in the analog days, although it would spew parts outside of the machine.

Aficio 340/450 and MPC6501/7501

Quote Originally Posted by prado View Post
    Aficio 340/450 and MPC6501/7501
    We traded in our last MP C7501 yesterday It was one of the happiest days of my life! I'm now going to have a workshop clear out and chuck a couple of grands worth of parts in the bin.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    We traded in our last MP C7501 yesterday It was one of the happiest days of my life! I'm now going to have a workshop clear out and chuck a couple of grands worth of parts in the bin.
    at least the paper came out nice and flat

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    at least the paper came out nice and flat
    Haven't seen one yet but I believe the new '04 series comes with a de-curl roller built into the fuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Tech Rick View Post
    The 3M machine that used the pink tissue paper and special white transfer paper to make a copy. First 'copier' I remember.
    Ah yes, the old model 209. The first copier I was trained on. It used a pink intermediate paper and coated white paper. It ran at a blazing 4 copies per minute and sounded like a wash machine.