Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Re: Desperately Need a Root

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Interesting... 4 varieties on one tree.
    Why would the different grafts flower at different times of the year ? You would believe normal seasonal change would make the fruit appear all around the same time.
    Naturally each avocado type flowers in a different season. I don't know much about it, seemed like wizardry to me. I'm sure the tree is still alive and well so I know it's possible.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

[QUOTE=NeoMatrix;520451]... (Dirty minded buggers)

I have a lemon tree that requires a graft. I hear that the bush lemon root is the best to graft onto as it produces a better lemon fruit.

The fruit at the moment is really dimpled and rough skin surface(AKA Bush lemon). If I graft onto the bush lemon base it should produce a better lemon fruit....

Seriously.... ( no laughing allowed) ....

Lemon honey each an every morning ,... yum..... (Well yak first then yum)....

Hey Mr. Matrix, i hear good things drinking lemon and warm water in the morning. I was on vacation in my home town in the tropical caribbean and my siblings were using this every morning. They were trying to get me to drink this, but i passed on it untill i came down with flu like symptoms and was glad for it. Here is a nice video from someone else about this. enjoy.
    Better get that lemon tree sorted out now.

THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post

{random snip }

Hey Mr. Matrix, i hear good things drinking lemon and warm water in the morning. I was on vacation in my home town in the tropical caribbean and my siblings were using this every morning. They were trying to get me to drink this, but i passed on it untill i came down with flu like symptoms and was glad for it. Here is a nice video from someone else about this. enjoy.
    Better get that lemon tree sorted out now.
    I did watch the video, thanks for that. Did you put honey into the lemon drink while you had the cold? Honey is a natural mild antiseptic. If you're in the bush an receive an infected cut; you can apply honey(natural or bottled) to the wound for temporary relief. Most bacteria cannot live in honey.

There is general health benefits from drinking many different kinds of fresh raw "all natural" herbs,fruit and vegetable juices. My old man is generally pretty good when it comes to growing most home grown herbs,fruit an vegetables. He can usually tell you which vitamin,mineral and most import natural live enzymes that are in the produce you can grow at home. He has a strong love2hate when it comes to global corporate GMO & Pesticide companies. He's getting on now an I would love to get book written about his experiences, just to place in my library book case for future reference.

I would like to share an experience my father had while trying to catch a bivouac of wild honey bees in his orchard...next time.

Any good lemon tree, avocado variety's on your side of the globe ?
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-14-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Did you put honey into the lemon drink while you had the cold? Honey is a natural mild antiseptic.

Actually yes, honey and lemon and some other ingredient for the cold. I am up in the north concrete jungle, so is away from the local caribbean life, but so miss that.
    Growing up, nothing but bush medicine and the local plants and fruits. Very rearly needed to see the doc. Now even in those tropical places, where they are blessed with a rich variety of plants and herbs, they have gone the north american way and the local know how is dying. some are trying to revive and are seeing the benefits of those wonderfully plants . coconut oil a few years ago was deemed bad, now it is being promoted as one of the best oils to use.
    Here is a guy from the swiss nation that spent his life dedicated to herbs and plants for wellness. get that stuff from your old man, you kids will thank you later on for it.

A.Vogel: Pioneer in Natural Health | A.Vogel
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Actually yes, honey and lemon and some other ingredient for the cold.

{snip}
    Interesting...
    What were the other ingredients you put in the cold prevention mixture ?

Interesting...
    What were the other ingredients you put in the cold prevention mixture ?
    will have to send for that info, as i myself did not make the mixture but my sister did. I'll get that for you in time. But i would take a guess and say it was curry powder or tumeric.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Where i'm at the traditional flu ease is, a couple large slices of lemon, 1 tablespoon honey and a few slices of fresh ginger.

If that doesn't do it, NyQuil never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    Where i'm at the traditional flu ease is, a couple large slices of lemon, 1 tablespoon honey and a few slices of fresh ginger.

If that doesn't do it, NyQuil never fails.
    The same mixture my way....

Yes, Ginger helps your blood...
    I believe ginger warms your body temperature just slightly thereby stopping some early flu symptoms. It's a natural process for your body to raise it's core temperature(fever) to fight any viral infections. Should we help raise the temperature in the early stages of infection ?

If the above fails, a dash of rum(or six) an a super-hot shower to warm the blood (ie Swedish sauna)...

As always : consult a qualified practioner before trying anything different.

will have to send for that info, as i myself did not make the mixture but my sister did. I'll get that for you in time. But i would take a guess and say it was curry powder or tumeric.
    I'm guessing curry powder to slightly raise body heat ?

I'm guessing curry powder to slightly raise body heat ?
    I grew up eating lots of curry flavored dishes. The curry though is a bit different from the east indian type and less spicy, but nevertheless spicy. curry pumpkin, chick peas, chicken, fish. you name it and they find ways to make that curry dish.
    But you are wondering the properties of curry. here is some info.

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...ry-powder.html