Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Separation: begats rivalry ,begats anger, begats war ,and finally destruction.

Personal feelings of separation an anxiety are but the first small steps down the path of darkness. Loss of general health an well being is one of the first stages in feeling separated an anxietous.

If ALL people of the world had sufficient access to nutritious food,clean water an affordable health care; their personal feelings of anxiety an frustrations should be kept to a minimum, ie separation. Most feelings of separation and frustration comes down to what toxins are running rampant in a persons body fluid/water. If the correct "balance" of nutriention is maintained and people are free of disease,heavy-metals,repeative drugs an alcohol combinations, then people should not feel the need or an overwhelming requirement to lend their conscious thoughts to the dark side of this earthly existence.

Healthy body healthy mind as the saying goes....

A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison.
    Francis Bacon

How does the world grow as individuals, an yet without separation in the world ?
    If you are a member of a church, you might see if they have a "Kids Against Hunger" program. My tiny church is on track to provide 3K meals to the impoverished worldwide during our three day summer bible camp thanks to that program. It only costs US $0.25 per, so while I don't know the exchange rate I couldn't see it being that terribly expensive there.
    Turns out that while you have the ideal (and never lose that), the impoverished who can't afford your plan have very different and immediate nutritional needs.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Unhappy Re: Condolences To France

Condolences to all those affected in these recent attacks

It also saddens me that these events just make more people want more guns, higher walls, bigger locks and cameras on every other corner.. Remember we were always at war with Eurasia..

to add onto what some said above about access to basic amenities like food and water: EDUCATION!!! Give people the knowledge and power to make themselves useful in trade, find a purpose, earn a living etc.. Rather than brainwashing kids from birth to believe that there is an omnipotent god, and denying them the ability to build their rationality.

Poverty and lack of education are the cause for many problems, from petty crime to international terrorism.

No amount of police and laws will prevent criminals- only punish the ones caught.
    No amount of apartheid and war will prevent terrorism- only kill the ones caught.
    Often the above simply fuel hate and resentment, and breed more crime / extremism etc...
    Last edited by nekowaiidesu; 07-16-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

"No amount of police and laws will prevent criminals."
    I can agree with that. There is no deterrent to lawbreaking for someone who wants to break the law.

A well-armed and well-trained citizenry will prevent criminals.

For a common criminal to get the same feeling in the pit of their stomach that our police get every day, the feeling of knowing you might not come home alive today, THAT will be a deterrent.

I have to to stop now before I post something that borders on sedition.
    Also, don't bring religious beliefs (or the lack thereof) into this, please. Nobody is besmirching atheism, though we certainly could.

Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    I can agree with that. There is no deterrent to lawbreaking for someone who wants to break the law.

For a common criminal to get the same feeling in the pit of their stomach that our police get every day, the feeling of knowing you might not come home alive today, THAT will be a deterrent.

Also, don't bring religious beliefs (or the lack thereof) into this, please. Nobody is besmirching atheism, though we certainly could.

I believe that there is another contributing factor. Given the status of our "Modern day prison system" most criminals are not afraid go being arrested. To them jail time is a vacation.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

My sympathies to those that lost their lives and to those whose live will be irreparably damaged for no sensible reason at all.

Someone at work asked why the French are always targets for Middle Eastern religious inspired terrorism, I scratched my head for a while then realised that perhaps I'm the only one here that's old enough (just) to remember the Algerian war. The British treated some of their colonial subjects badly enough but the French attitude to their North African colonies was absolutely appalling. This could be a terrible case of you reap what you sow. If you wish to enlighten yourself read the Wiki entry for Paris massacre of 1961 and learn that, as usual, there are two sides to any story.

And before anybody accuses me of being an apologist, I'm just an amateur historian who isn't trying to justify, just explain.

At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Given the terrorist activities around the world at present, we each all want a definitive
    answer to all the dark life layers that engross this finite material capitalistic world?
    Where is the answer? Where do we turn when every one of us is responsible in some small way.

Every healthy person has an innate sense of purpose and general direction in their life.
    We all come into this world "believing" that life owes us everything, an material gain will
    some how make us forever feel warm and fuzzy inside,or likewise spiritually fulfilled if you
    prefer that analogy. Every single one of us wishes for something different,more-of or the
    better-of in our cyclic repetitive mundane lives.

Every single person is challenged head on every day with division/separation choices:

o The we-they, them-us divison.
    o The haves, the have nots.
    o The boss, the slave.
    o The do-this, the don't do that.
    o The stop, the go.
    o The ruling, the working.
    o The rich, the poor.
    o The mum, the dad.
    o The good, the bad.
    o The smart, the slow.
    o The religious, the atheist
    o The god, the devil.
    o The clear, the confused.
    o The killer, the victim.
    o The lost, the found.
    o The cause, the solution.
    o The terrorist, the martyr.
    o The at peace, the at war.
    o The beautiful, the ugly.
    o The light, the dark.
    o The healthy, the sickly.
    o The hot, the cold.
    o The sporty, the slouch.
    o The happy, the angry.
    o The ....

On reading the above list, some people will most likely read something that will resonant for them.Will that resonance instill or invoke a challenge to your currently held belief system?

Every person every day is faced with the same multiples choices in all areas of lifes divides.
    These are the final choices we are all forced to make, either knowingly or unknowingly.
    No one person is that precision perfect that they can truly sit on the fence of lifes divides.
    In it's simplist form it all comes down to the "division choice" that each one of us places "THE
    MOST IMPORTANCE ON" in our daily lives. Which divided side of lifes fences do we stand on? Which half of the belief system do we adhere to? How much personal time an effort are each one of us willing to afford to our division choice until we achieve a justified result or outcome, good or bad?

What if we afford so much effort to our division choice only to find that our initial choice was
    wrong? Does the ego allow ourselves to jump the fence and choose the other side of the divide?
    Each person on opposite sides of the divide will affirm they have the absolute rightful side.

Concluding :
    In the final end game there is no real definitive answer, life just is, each one plays a part...
    Life is a game played from both sides, it's up to each individual how we decide the grand finale.

What is will be, was isn't will not... ...

[Apology for the looong rant....]
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 07-18-2016 at 02:28 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Why can't we bring up the religion of these individuals? Islamists use their faith to motivate and justify their attacks.
    Cant fix the problem if we cant talk about it. Islamic terror attacks hurt Muslims more than anyone else!
    thereligionofpeace

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    Why can't we bring up the religion of these individuals? Islamists use their faith to motivate and justify their attacks.
    Cant fix the problem if we cant talk about it. Islamic terror attacks hurt Muslims more than anyone else!
    thereligionofpeace
    Indeed. Compared to what occurs in the rest of the world, what happens in Islamic countries really does defy belief. Public beheadings, shootings, mass murders. All in the name of a "peaceful" religion that has been twisted and contorted by a minority.

I read over the weekend someone from the US has said to question immigrants if they follow Sharia Law and to deport them if they admit to it. Now call me a pessimist, but isn't every single person going to say no?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Condolences To France

Considering the US has the most guns per capita and the highest reported crime rate, I don't think your theory holds any water.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Considering the US has the most guns per capita and the highest reported crime rate, I don't think your theory holds any water.
    Eliminate New York, Newark, Chicago, Los Angeles, New Orleans (sadly), and Detroit from the equation of violence per capita (since those areas also have the most stringent regulations on legal firearm ownership and possession, and criminals couldn't care less about gun control laws) and you'll find the U.S. is nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.

By the way, who runs those cities?
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!