Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cart

ok, sim 10 makes the motor turn strong. i ran sin 25-01 and dev unit turns ok. i checked the shutter and it seems fine. the drum did have a black dusting, and in years past with say, a sharp ?SF 8600 if the erase lamp went bad, the machine would keep warming/ toning up till the hopper was empty and call for toner. so i pulled the charge, but as i said, without a new CRUM, it wont do anything any darn how. so, i told customer it needs a new control board and an OEM toner. i made the mistake yesterday of telling her i may be able to get a CRUM so the full toners could be used. so, she don't want to buy any more toners. so, if they approve the board, i hope that the replacement crum's i found on amazon will actually work. i still may tell her i am not going to risk anymore questionable parts. also, i will ask Hytec if a aftermarket crum would work.

thats the deal so far. thank you very much for the support. i do really appreciate it. Jim

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cartridg

Re: Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cart

Do the CRUM chips mate properly with the connector on the back? The bracket that supports the connector can bend back, and the CRUM chip never plugs in. If that is the case, the chips and cartridges may still be good/usable.

If the CRUM chip mates properly and the toner density does not improve within a certain time period, the PCU sends a signal to the CRUM chip to tell it the cartridge is empty. After that, that individual cartridge will always show empty, regardless of how much toner is actually there.

So if you're toner density is not improving:
    Is your developing unit seized? Can it be turned manually? I've see the drive end of the mag roller twist right off.
    Are the drive gears mating properly?
    Is the surface of the toner sensor clean, not caked over with hard toner?
    If you run sim 25-1, what sort of readings do you get? It should be around 100 roughly.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cartridg

It is also possible that you have 2 consecutive bum CRUM chips in the AM toners, had it happen as well. Try OEM toner to see. Some AM toners on these have the spring loaded, sliding toner waste gate and others have a plastic flip type door that must be set. Other issues I've seen are broken tabs on toners not opening the waste gate leading to toner backup in the drum unit taking out rear drum auger gears and also front tube auger breaking, but will not cause the F2 code you have. My guess is you had both AM toners with defective CRUMS
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Hi guys, well, the first toner that was in the machine is OEM and half full when it told them to change it. the crum bracket looks fine. the toner and developer as well as drum units are turning fine. the reading in 25-01 was 190 i do believe.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    ... the reading in 25-01 was 190 i do believe.
    The developer is not agitating correctly. The 25-01 must be a lot closer to 100 for you to have a usable copier. 190 is off the charts. The highest I've ever seen is 150. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Blackcat is exactly right there, check the DV unit for seizing and if ok clean out all developer and change with new developer then recalibrate. If that doesn't correct it then you may be looking at a bad board but I have had these problems on that model and never was it a bad board.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The developer is not agitating correctly. The 25-01 must be a lot closer to 100 for you to have a usable copier. 190 is off the charts. The highest I've ever seen is 150. =^..^=
    I'm surprised the machine did't code out with EU for undertoned.
    Good call BC.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

hi Techwurk, yes, I remember the toasters.I was in color Xerox class school in the very early 80.s and had a paper jam in the toaster.I opened the door and 4 sheets were on fire.I yanked them out, burned my finger, ran to the trash can with them.the instructor told me, don't do that.just close the door.I even remember vapor fusers.I still have a bottle of fuser fluid.it's tric, 1.1.1. anyway, the developer unit turns fine.I am waiting for customer to approve the board.and when it arrives,I am sure as the sun shines, there will be some other issue.I started at Xerox in 1979. I've seen a lotta crap in all those years.that's what keeps us on our toes.biting our nails.thanks for the memories brother.have a great weekend, Jim

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ha, OK, yea the toasters, lol. I remember the sharp 726 and 741s. Anyway good luck with the issue on the 350, very curious to see what the final fix is and if it turns out to be the board

The problem probably lays with the toner sensor.

Try P, *, CA,# > 80 > 2 > reset to higher value, start with 10, if you go 20 or more the sensor in the DV unit is probably gone