Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Progress

Unregulated 'internet of things' industry puts us all at risk, security experts say - Technology & Science - CBC News

Wondering if anyone thinks about these things other then me, I'm convinced our technology will create it's own world of problems, not too mention the dumbing down of society.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Progress

We all have our strong and weak points...I have been networking theses devices for years, installing associated software for the last 3-4, I had to have my daughter show me how to turn off auto correct on my phone...LOL Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Gov't regulations an legislate are many years behind the developing technology and the internet. Social apathy is the biggest concern for internet security. You simply don't place any "personal information" on your Phone or internet PC, which includes things like happy snaps of your children. Here's the best form of social apathy, "I'm not doing any thing illegal so I (apathetically) don't mind who reads my info." Rest in your comfortable apathy while your children are on paedophile, abductee cameras, and much worse.Put (apathy) family history medical records on electronic media and watch the future job prospects, insurances etc. of your children fall away. And it gets even far worse when your information is used from the illegal side of the internet.

There is absolutely no such thing as electronic information privacy in todays day and age. You put personal information on any electronic information system, it can and will at some point be stored back to a centralised database. That database will be sold for profit and your information can be used by anyone for anything. I place limits on business who insist I give them every detail about myself just to purchase a simple product. You want this sale you will have the information that I give you, no more.
    Simply tell the check out clerk that you are sick an tired of companies selling their database to letter box junk mail advertising companies. USB thumb drives are hacked to transfer information between internet an non-internet PC's. Your secure information can and will be accessed at some point. See Stuxnet or Cypto-locker computer malware. I'm of the opinion there are deliberate root kits built into the hardware of some USB sticks, no matter how many times you format them.

I've heard it said "if there was a computer on the moon it could still be accessed". What does that tell you about real information security?

The strongest chain of security will always break at the weakest link in the chain. The longer the chain the more weaker links to be found.

I predict photocopiers making a return in the future years as smaller business go back to paper base secured information systems.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 10-27-2016 at 12:56 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Unregulated 'internet of things' industry puts us all at risk, security experts say - Technology & Science - CBC News

Wondering if anyone thinks about these things other then me, I'm convinced our technology will create it's own world of problems, not too mention the dumbing down of society.

I am not sure society can stand much more dumbing down.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

A real viable privacy solution will be available when Privacy>Received Services. We are a long way away from that equation balancing out.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Progress

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I am not sure society can stand much more dumbing down.
    Just wait, I think you might be surprised.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    A real viable privacy solution will be available when Privacy>Received Services. We are a long way away from that equation balancing out.
    The problem is not with individual information per'se the problem is in the centralisation of that information from a "database" to a "power base". At what point in the legal information chain does the database transmute into a latent power base. There is no real legal regulation on a powerbase. I'm informed that when a powerbase goes out of scope they get invited to Geneva for peace talks.

What does privacy to received services entail ?
    I'm interested to know any solutions to improve personal information regulation.

I believe that business/gov't have the right to use your personal information(personal copyright) , however they wish, and that legal personal copyright of ownership is some how overlooked/shuned in a court of law.

How do you have one legal law that enforces personal copyright, and then have the same law system say, sorry but business/gov't has the rights to your (personal copyright) information, it's no longer your personal information(private copyright).

Whaaaaaaat......?
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 10-27-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Progress

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The problem is not with individual information per'se the problem is in the centralisation of that information from a "database" to a "power base". At what point in the legal information chain does the database transmute into a latent power base. There is no real legal regulation on a powerbase. I'm informed that when a powerbase goes out of scope they get invited to Geneva for peace talks.

I'm interested to know any solutions to improve personal information regulation.

I believe that business/gov't have the right to use your personal information(personal copyright) , however they wish, and that legal personal copyright of ownership is some how overlooked/shuned in a court of law.

How do you have one legal law that enforces personal copyright, and then have the same law system say, sorry but business/gov't has the rights to your (personal copyright) information, it's no longer your personal information(private copyright).

Whaaaaaaat......?
    People are freely giving away personal information every time they post, like or share something on face book. Anything posted on FB is no longer yours.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post

Whaaaaaaat......?
    "What does privacy to received services entail ?" That entails a transaction where a company provides services for ones data. What data, depends on the agreement signed with said company.

"How do you have one legal law that enforces personal copyright, and then have the same law system say, sorry but business/gov't has the rights to your (personal copyright) information, it's no longer your personal information(private copyright)" When you sign those documents you are legally giving the company rights to use your info. It's not overlooked, it's just legal.

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    "What does privacy to received services entail ?" That entails a transaction where a company provides services for ones data. What data, depends on the agreement signed with said company.

"How do you have one legal law that enforces personal copyright, and then have the same law system say, sorry but business/gov't has the rights to your (personal copyright) information, it's no longer your personal information(private copyright)" When you sign those documents you are legally giving the company rights to use your info. It's not overlooked, it's just legal.

What happens to my personal private copyright information if I never signed an agreement with XYZ and Co? Is it there for a devils agreement by stealth ? The devil said I never signed a form stating that I own my own soul, so the devil therefore owns it. ...Novel way of looking at it. Should I sign a form stating that XYZ & Co do not own my copyright /personal information? In a "democratic" court of law you are innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way round. I did say "Democratic" not unregulated technocratic.

In any logical, empirical or legal sense you cannot have two different meanings for the same law. That law would no longer be a fact, an therefore a fabrication, or better known as a lie. A lie is a loss of self determination or false life path; all false life paths lead to an end road. Having two meanings for the same law is a bit like saying what a lovely hot cold day we are having...

I guess you can have two different interpretations of the same law if you have enough money to make people believe it. Then it all comes down to which side of the "Game-of-Thrones" fence you are standing on.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 10-27-2016 at 10:20 PM.