Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

"All Package" remotely?

Hi,

Has anyone tried to push an "all package" of firmware using DMNX or SLNX?

I tried it with SLNX, where I named the package the PnP name of the MFP (an MP C4504, in this case).

It looks like it's working, but then each firmware gives an "authentication failure" message.

Since the package updates the "mainframe" portion as well as the SOP, this could come in handy.

The only item that would not get updated is Java, which is separate.

I don't know if the package builder tool would work or not, but even if it did, there would be a TON of files to include in it.

Thanks.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    "All Package" remotely?

Re: "All Package" remotely?

The package firmware is for SD card installation. There is also a "Package" update available for @Remote.

As you said, the package does not do JAVA. It also does not do any peripherals - document feeders, finishers, etc.

Also, the package may not be current. Always check the issue date of the package against the dates of the latest module updates.

One other problem with package firmware is that it only updates. It does not reflash firmware modules that are up to date.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I just heard today that a coworker was able to use the all package with SLNX on an MP 7503 successfully. He was able to update the mainframe and SOP firmware in one (albeit long) shot.

He renamed the file the PnP name of the machine, the same as I did.

Must be something different about the C4504, I guess.

I have used the package builder before, building packages for MP C4503 and MP C305s with no issue, even mixing and matching between "fwu" and "rfu" files. I deployed the packages with Streamline.

I agree, the all package is not necessarily current, even when its file date is newer than the piece of firmware in question.

It can be (and is) QUITE frustrating.

My team handles a ton of Streamline, so we are always trying to work with it.

It should be interesting when Streamline and DMNX get married into one package when Streamline 3.0 comes out, which is supposedly sometime in 2017 (but I'm not holding my breath...).
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    "All Package" remotely?

Hiya

I have been told but forgot.....from the SD card, do you have to put the Package in a certain named folder on the SD card like ROMDATA as before or can you justs drop the package onto an SD card and it reads it from there. Slim told me a couple of years ago but I can't find the Thread.

Thanks loads and Merry lars :-)

Tim