Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Trump Protesters - the joke's on them

Re: Trump Protesters - the joke's on them

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This might be appropriate here, but it contains pretty strong language so don't watch it at work.
    Nothing there anymore. What was it? Got another link?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    The deplorable's and the silent majority spoke, turned blue to red where it counted and nobody imagined it could happen, but it did. People wanted change and now we are going to see if it's what we wanted. God Bless America and our new president elect, President Trump!
    Yes, the electoral college had Trump as winner, while the popular vote was for Clinton. And, while a lot of things Trump was prophisizing, he has since backed down. So, it may not be a joke on "Trump Protesters", but the actually supporters of Trump that may be disappointed. (Just saying).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

seanbeanmeme.jpg

Couldn't think less of anyone who would disrespect our flag, anthem, military, or elected officials and be too lazy to actually vote.
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    seanbeanmeme.jpg

Couldn't think less of anyone who would disrespect our flag, anthem, military, or elected officials and be too lazy to actually vote.
    I feel the same way.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    no the revised tally of the popular vote also went to Trump.. the popular you saw was before ALL areas were done being counted... it always takes a day or more to get all votes counted.
    Phil, I have been unable to find a website that verifies that statement - would you please post a link that does?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Yes, the electoral college had Trump as winner, while the popular vote was for Clinton. And, while a lot of things Trump was prophisizing, he has since backed down. So, it may not be a joke on "Trump Protesters", but the actually supporters of Trump that may be disappointed. (Just saying).
    It seems that as absentee ballots come in and are counted, the popular vote is going to Trump also. CNN has already predicted that Trump will ultimately win both. This is based on the fact that traditionally more Republicans vote absentee than Democrats. Also that most military overseas using either absentee ballot or the military Presidential ballot will vote Republican. Military ballots mailed overseas can take as many as ten days to reach the appropriate place to be counted, or at least that is what anything I mailed from Iraq took.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    no the revised tally of the popular vote also went to Trump.. the popular you saw was before ALL areas were done being counted... it always takes a day or more to get all votes counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Phil, I have been unable to find a website that verifies that statement - would you please post a link that does?
    Plot Twist: CNN Now Saying That Donald Trump Will Win The Popular Vote; UPDATE: CNN Admits Design Flaw - Christine Rousselle

https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/11...-petition-now/

Or just Google Trump wins popular vote.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Why you should never vote null & void or protest vote on a ballot paper.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My old man run for local council many years ago. He an I had a discussion about me being a young up-start and why I should never protest vote on a ballot paper.

He explain the protest voter problem to me in simple terms.

The old mans explanation went something similar to the following.
    (I've changed the flavour of the story over the years) :
    You are living in a small town of 10 people. The town has to vote for a new sanitary toilet system. 9 out of 10 people don't like the mayor. So 9 of the people wrote "stuff you" on the ballot paper. The 10th person (being the town drunk) walks in to vote and say he doesn't use toilets and votes "NO" on the ballot.

The towns folk never got their sanitation system because the majority proper/popular voter said "No" on the ballot.

In other words, 9 of the towns people left the entire sanitary voting choice up to one single person. And so, the town lays in it's own crap because they wrote crap on the ballot paper.

Instead of a protest vote, pick the lesser of two evils on the ballot paper, an avoid leaving the choice of running the country up to the inebriated socialites voters.

A personal protest vote means leaving your voting choice rest on the shoulders of someone else. Just be sure that choice doesn't rest on the shoulders of the wacked-out "Nuke-them-all political party."
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 11-16-2016 at 01:57 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just so we're clear: Hillary won the popular vote by over 1 million votes as of 11/15/16. This number is increasing (not decreasing) as absentee ballots are counted.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mx6turbo89 View Post
    Nothing there anymore. What was it? Got another link?
    As the vid is kind of rude, I posted it as a link on the word "This". That still works here.
    If that doesn't work, I'll PM you that if you want. Otherwise just search for the Jonathan Pie explanation of Donald Trump on YouTube.
    Don't watch it at work though. Rude language sometimes is unproductive.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 11-16-2016 at 02:35 AM.