RISOGRAPH TR 1510 - Connecting to Computer for Print / Advice

Hi all,<br><br>&nbsp; I found a decently priced Risograph TR1510.&nbsp; I like it since the size is compact and I have limited space at my print shop.&nbsp; As I understand, this particular model needs a computer interface in order to be connected to a computer for print output. Does any one have a lead as to where I can find such an interface / are there compatible interfaces/hacks available?<br>&nbsp; Is this particular model worth investing in? I know it's rather obsolete and I've been calling around a bunch to no avail.&nbsp; Are there any other more compact sized Riso's that anyone can recommend?<br>&nbsp; Any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: RISOGRAPH TR 1510 - Connecting to Computer for Print / Advice

parts very hard to come by. this is like 20 years old. i dont ever remember these being able to print from computer. i never saw one that way. the tr sweries was discontinued many years ago.

Any recommendations on a more reliable riso? I read somewhere that you can get an external controller and connect to a computer on some models, true? Or any leads on where to get a riso more affordable than on ebay and the likes?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by full nelson mandela View Post
    I read somewhere that you can get an external controller and connect to a computer on some models, true?
    That was the case back in the day. But ever since the RN line controllers for Risos have been internal options. So the external controllers will be hard to come by.
    To the best of my knowledge the Riso CZ line is the latest version of that chassis. You might want to keep an eye out for that.

Doubt you will be able to find boards, if they exist. Even for newer models they are very dear and are not generally available if not attached to a machine.

Ok I actually found a decent RZ220UI. Any advice on this particular model? Are color drums hard to come by on this one?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    RISOGRAPH TR 1510 - Connecting to Computer for Print / Advice

Quote Originally Posted by full nelson mandela View Post
    Ok I actually found a decent RZ220UI. Any advice on this particular model? Are color drums hard to come by on this one?

Hi I have one for sale but i am in venezuela, the cost of the drum is 250 $ and the cost of shipping by fedex or dhl is 170 $.

The drum already has service and you can configure it for the color that you want

You can google interchangeability of Riso drums to see if that particular drum fits a number of models.. If it is this one model only and/or for a model that was less popular, chances are that they may be tough to find. Beware, I have had a very bad experience with a dealer in NC that has a large inventory of drums.

Another issue is service, in many areas there are no servicing Riso dealers and you are are on your own to fix a machine that, while not inherently unreliable, does need maintenance or a fix if it is in regular use. Riso corporate will not help you as they see liability issues as more important than keeping their customers going. Hope that helps.

Im getting this RZ220UI for free. Is there a way to hook this up to a computer? Im just trying to figure out how much $ id need to invest to get this thing going and if its worth investing in or seeking out a different model