Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    So How Has Your Day Gone...?!

Re: So How Has Your Day Gone...?!

Fucking POS wide format kicked my ass today!!!!!!!! I hate those machines....................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    YEP!....an Inversion Table DOES WORK!!!

If you have the upper body strength. I've also hang from the rafters (both arms using the chinup position) and let my lower body relax while twisting my hips side to side. I'll some times feel a clicking/pop sensation an all seems well from there.

The missus quite often asks me to give her a serious bear hug; it puts her upper back into place. I keep asking her can we try this with no cloths on .... I get the usual smug look.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

While in the shop yesterday working on a problem Ricoh, I was ask to take a call from someone with a shredder question. This is usually someone who is older and has a cheap shredder not worth repair. I took the call and that is exactly what it was. I spent a few minutes and gave the gentleman some info as to what may fix it. 15 minutes later he called back. I let out that long sigh, expecting more questions. Instead, he had called back to thank me for my time and tell me my advice fixed his machine. Such a rare occurrence I thought it was worth the mention.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Cool Re: So How Has Your Day Gone...?!

Just a comment really. My day went as usual....wait about in my house as Call Controller had not programmed me a job for this morning..as usual! At 10am get an email telling me to get in my car and drive 70miles to the office and collect parts for a return to fit at a customer in a town nearby to our office..why could a local tech not do it? Why was I not given this call yesterday evening so could have started out early? Never mind ......I finish working this Thursday.....retirement at last after 24.5 years of toner eating. I will miss some customers...just some! I will miss the CSI job and the satisfaction of getting a machine to give up the reason for annoying me.
    I wish you all the best for your futures in toner..............
    Please do not PM me without asking first.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    Just a comment really. My day went as usual....wait about in my house as Call Controller had not programmed me a job for this morning..as usual! At 10am get an email telling me to get in my car and drive 70miles to the office and collect parts for a return to fit at a customer in a town nearby to our office..why could a local tech not do it? Why was I not given this call yesterday evening so could have started out early? Never mind ......I finish working this Thursday.....retirement at last after 24.5 years of toner eating. I will miss some customers...just some! I will miss the CSI job and the satisfaction of getting a machine to give up the reason for annoying me.
    I wish you all the best for your futures in toner..............
    You are assuming there is some logic to the management decisions. If there is some sort of logic, I haven't figured it out yet. The only rule seems to be running up the maximum number of miles to the furthest destination. There seems to be no point in puzzling over it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Fucking POS wide format kicked my ass today!!!!!!!! I hate those machines....................
    Me too, I 'm a copier tech, not POS wide format

Mrs Lagonda was always complaining of back pain until she had a trip to the dentist. The dentist had to use a general anesthetic on her to knock her out, its the only way to stop her talking long enough to do a filling, and when she awoke her back was pain free!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Since back problems seem to a big part of our industry perhaps we should be following the the lead taken by the shearers. A bit of support while you bend over makes a world of difference.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Mrs Lagonda was always complaining of back pain until she had a trip to the dentist. The dentist had to use a general anesthetic on her to knock her out, its the only way to stop her talking long enough to do a filling, and when she awoke her back was pain free!
    Thank you Phillip; middle of the night, and you have me LMAO. (I hope Mrs has regained pain free)
    Last edited by ZOOTECH; 12-14-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

So happy. My leave was approved. I can stay at home and play games the whole of next week wooooo
    Okay not really, there are quite a few things that life is demanding I sort out, but at least I will have the time and energy to deal with all that (and still fit in some vidya)

Do the rest of you get a break this time of year? Our company has a retail front, so we're pretty open the entire time except for Christmas and New Years day - Even the techs are required to come to work during this period which gets pretty tedious because there is not enough work to keep everyone busy.

Can't wait for my week of freedom