Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Hello

I have a problem with some Mp9000... Every time i change developer, the machine for 50k copies or so make pri ts/copies with dirty paper edge.... I tried to clean out everything, the pcu unit.. Development unit... Cleaning unit and so on... But nothing... After about 100-200 copies the Problem is back again.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Hi there!
    Had this on 2 older machines, the mylar on the pcu-seal pn: B1402413 was a little (difficult to see!) deformed. Changed it with the brush - OK.Hope this will help.
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
    Greetings...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Had something similar years ago. 3 techs and a trainer missed it. it was intermittent spots near lead edge. There is a tin foil type material on a vertical plate just before the fuser that is grounded to the machine. It collects loose toner and over time the toner builds up really thick. I needed 3 yellow rags to get it all the first time I had an issue with it. Hope this helps. (nice place to clean on a regular basis once you have seen it...)

Good Luck

Thanks! I'll try it on my next visit... This is what i see under the drum frame.

Memento Audere Semper

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Quote Originally Posted by mbolduc View Post
    Had something similar years ago. 3 techs and a trainer missed it. it was intermittent spots near lead edge. There is a tin foil type material on a vertical plate just before the fuser that is grounded to the machine. It collects loose toner and over time the toner builds up really thick. I needed 3 yellow rags to get it all the first time I had an issue with it. Hope this helps. (nice place to clean on a regular basis once you have seen it...)

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Thanks! I'll try it on my next visit... This is what i see under the drum frame.

That's the usual cause that I have encountered. Also the bottom of the frame with the heat shield between the fusing unit and the PCU. Clean both every maintenance cycle and you will prevent problems. The firat time you clean the frame bottom will take some time as the toner will be caked on.

You mean if the shield is not cleaned the toner sticks under the drum frame?

Memento Audere Semper

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    You mean if the shield is not cleaned the toner sticks under the drum frame?

No. Toner scattering will build up on both. Paper does rub against the bottom of the PCU frame as it is considered a guild plate. The machine frame between the PCU and fusing unit will rub the paper when the build up gets thick enough.

Ok.. But my Problem is the tober dust under the drum frame... The machine has a new developer.. Only 20k...and if i clean up everything the Problem is back after a day

Memento Audere Semper

Has the Dev unit got new filters on it? If they are not 100% clean, air pressure can build up in the Dev unit and puff toner out, seems to be worse after a Dev change. Failing that try replacing the Dev unit for a new one, I've had this problem with high mileage Dev units, as the mag roller gets covered in toner turning from silver to black! Toner then doesn't stick very well to the dev on the mag roller, and deposits itself everywhere. I have scrubbed the mag roller with a green kitchen scourer before now! Worth a try if you haven't already tried these things.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Quote Originally Posted by Bunce View Post
    Has the Dev unit got new filters on it? If they are not 100% clean, air pressure can build up in the Dev unit and puff toner out, seems to be worse after a Dev change. Failing that try replacing the Dev unit for a new one, I've had this problem with high mileage Dev units, as the mag roller gets covered in toner turning from silver to black! Toner then doesn't stick very well to the dev on the mag roller, and deposits itself everywhere. I have scrubbed the mag roller with a green kitchen scourer before now! Worth a try if you haven't already tried these things.
    MP 9000 is a Production model and does not have filters on the development unit. It has a suction system that draws the toner haze out of the development unit. Parts for that system may need to be replaced. This includes the tube from the development unit to the suction pump as it can become clogged. Also considering the age of this model, if the development seals have not been replaced recently, do them now.