Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Re: Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Thank you guys! Its a very bad problem.. Had the same with a Pro906.. The strange thing is that in the 906 the problem disapears after a week...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Did you scrub the developer mag roller? Is it dirty? What is the meter on the machine?

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbolduc View Post
    Had something similar years ago. 3 techs and a trainer missed it. it was intermittent spots near lead edge. There is a tin foil type material on a vertical plate just before the fuser that is grounded to the machine. It collects loose toner and over time the toner builds up really thick. I needed 3 yellow rags to get it all the first time I had an issue with it. Hope this helps. (nice place to clean on a regular basis once you have seen it...)

Good Luck
    Yup often over looked, as you said it does get really caked in that entrance area under the long filter.

It's also worth cleaning all the filters regularly and increasing the fan speed and on time, good air circulation helps.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

i would recommend what slimslob mentioned. That suction motor for the toner dust is replaced at so many hours when the meter goes a lot guys like to just reset the hour meter and leave the pump alone it really does get weak though. Best thing you can try is pull the right side covers off remove the pcu and dev unit take the hoses off the pump going up to the dev unit and suck it out with a vacum, make sure the hose from the pump to the suction bottle on the bottom is clear, make sure the bottle itself looks good this has a screen on the side to relieve pressure build up and is a pm item but hardly ever gets replaced. Check your history if you dont see a suction bottle or suction pump being replace in a long time might be a good idea to get new ones. Also clean the hose going from the toner hopper into the dev unit and clean out the plastc piece the hose connects to on the dev unit and clean your mag rollers.

Then i would replace the filter to your left of the drum that slides in, and the filter that drops in behind the LCD panel arm. Take note make sure you reconnect every hose and double check them if you leave one unattached you will have toner dust everwhere within 24 hours.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mp9000 dirty paper edge

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    i would recommend what slimslob mentioned. That suction motor for the toner dust is replaced at so many hours when the meter goes a lot guys like to just reset the hour meter and leave the pump alone it really does get weak though. Best thing you can try is pull the right side covers off remove the pcu and dev unit take the hoses off the pump going up to the dev unit and suck it out with a vacum, make sure the hose from the pump to the suction bottle on the bottom is clear, make sure the bottle itself looks good this has a screen on the side to relieve pressure build up and is a pm item but hardly ever gets replaced. Check your history if you dont see a suction bottle or suction pump being replace in a long time might be a good idea to get new ones. Also clean the hose going from the toner hopper into the dev unit and clean out the plastc piece the hose connects to on the dev unit and clean your mag rollers.

Then i would replace the filter to your left of the drum that slides in, and the filter that drops in behind the LCD panel arm. Take note make sure you reconnect every hose and double check them if you leave one unattached you will have toner dust everwhere within 24 hours.
    PM cycle says to replace the pump at 2.5M and the bottle at 3M. I replace both at around 2.5M. No reason to make 2 trips since most of my Pros are 45 minutes or more away.

I do not know if it applies to the B234/D101 series models, but on the D059, if you clear the fusing unit cleaning unit PM counter, it also clears both the pump and the bottle. I therefore clear the individual parts for the cleaning unit.

I have also had new bottles with small cracks near where the tube from the pump connects. Hot glue works to seal them.

Thank you guys!
    i cleaned out again averything, checked the pump, tubes and heat foil......changed the Transfer belt.....and for the moment the machine works fine...leet's see after christmas

Merry Christmas !!
    Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hi, there's nothing wrong with the developer, if you have not adjusted the doctor blade just follow these steps it will sure solve your problem.I did have the same problem
    1. Clean the drum unit
    2. Pull out the developer unit remove the gear in the lower half of the dev unit which adds toner from the hopper
    3. Put the dev unit back and run copies till the copies become light.
    4.Initialize the toner density sensor in service mode.
    5.Put the gear back on the dev unit
    run copies as usual try to run a 2 to 3 thousand copies pls let me know
    good luck

Thank you! I'll try this and let you know

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper