Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Punished for Return with Parts calls

Punished for Return with Parts calls

Whether it's BEI or just an in-house bonus program, why the hell do our employers punish of for Return with Parts calls?

We stock what we can, we don't drive 18 wheelers.

They ask us to "check-out" machines we're not familiar with and we do. Then inevitably they need parts that we DON'T CARRY.

And it encourages techs to band-aid a machine instead of actually fixing it.

Return calls are viewed just as bad as call-backs as far "first-call-fix-rate" is concerned.

What a joke.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Punished for Return with Parts calls

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Whether it's BEI or just an in-house bonus program, why the hell do our employers punish of for Return with Parts calls?

We stock what we can, we don't drive 18 wheelers.

They ask us to "check-out" machines we're not familiar with and we do. Then inevitably they need parts that we DON'T CARRY.

And it encourages techs to band-aid a machine instead of actually fixing it.

Return calls are viewed just as bad as call-backs as far "first-call-fix-rate" is concerned.

What a joke.
    That's because the majority of techs, at least the ones that work for motherships like I did, work close to their parts warehouse. So they can drive back there and pick up the parts that they need without pausing the call.
    Also the longer a machine is down, the less likely a customer will be return customer.
    So the statistics say, so it is the goal of the collective. Best practices.
    That was part of my downfall, being out on the periphery for the entire time I was a tech as I was, so I am somewhat familiar with the stats, bogus as they may be.