Technician

Any Ricoh Techs in ATL Area?

Hey guys - title says it - looking for a Ricoh tech in the metro ATL area that can help show me the ropes for a couple hours. I'm on the Southside and got two Ricoh C3500 printers that I'm using for photozine production (one parts machine). I've been getting my hands dirty and learning, but could really use someone to come teach me some general maintenance, pm, update firmware, etc...

Can't pay top dollar here - just being upfront. Here's a current thread to give you some idea of what I'm capable of I guess....

Ricoh C3500 - total newbie with dumb questions ;)

Thanks for looking!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Any Ricoh Techs in ATL Area?

Re: Any Ricoh Techs in ATL Area?

What you have there is an 11 year old machine, that was a good one in it's day, and may certainly still perform relatively well, for short periods of time, which seems to be what you're experiencing in your other thread.
    I still have a few of them that I service in the field, but they work more reliably, because most PM Items have been replaced over the years with fresh components.
    The trouble is....you've got an 11 year old machine, that is likely full of 11 year old parts, that may or may not be at (or even near) their PM cycles, but there are many blades, seals, lubrication rollers, Feed tires, Bearings, and components, that are all beginning to fail just because of their age - They dry out, become brittle, slippery, sticky, etc., causing all sorts of image problems, and more.
    The machine will almost always need something done at this late stage.
    It would seem that your initial $50 investment, has already turned into countless hours and several hundred more dollars.

Just my 2¢....

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Actually, you might want to see if there's any Lanier techs in the area, as the last I knew Lanier's headquarters was in the Atlanta area. Lanier machines have been mostly rebranded Ricohs since analog machines bit the dust.
    Tell them it is the equivalent of a LD435C.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 02-19-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    What you have there is an 11 year old machine, that was a good one in it's day, and may certainly still perform relatively well, for short periods of time, which seems to be what you're experiencing in your other thread.
    I still have a few of them that I service in the field, but they work more reliably, because most PM Items have been replaced over the years with fresh components.
    The trouble is....you've got an 11 year old machine, that is likely full of 11 year old parts, that may or may not be at (or even near) their PM cycles, but there are many blades, seals, lubrication rollers, Feed tires, Bearings, and components, that are all beginning to fail just because of their age - They dry out, become brittle, slippery, sticky, etc., causing all sorts of image problems, and more.
    The machine will almost always need something done at this late stage.
    It would seem that your initial $50 investment, has already turned into countless hours and several hundred more dollars.

Just my 2¢....
    Yup - you pretty much nailed it on the head there. Lots of hours spent troubleshooting this thing and extra dollars all over the place. However, I'm still coming out way ahead for what it would have cost me through a local printer so there's that I guess...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Actually, you might want to see if there's any Lanier techs in the area, as the last I knew Lanier's headquarters was in the Atlanta area. Lanier machines have been mostly rebranded Ricohs since analog machines bit the dust.
    Tell them it is the equivalent of a LD435C.
    Great feedback - thanks!!