Page 17 of 653 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117517 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: LANGUAGE WARNING: because it's Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Sounds like you are the only angry one here, so "Calm the fuck down" lol
    No. If I remember correctly, he like me, is a veteran. We did not defend this country so as to have all these little cry babies disrespecting our flag and our Commander in Chief, no matter who the Commander in Chief happens to be. I have served Active Duty under President Nixon. And as a Reservist under Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes and Clinton. We paid each of them the same respect that their elected office awarded them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Hey I voted for the TRumpster and proud of it!
    That being said now I have to run and hide in my bunker. lol lol

Retired 10,000+ Posts

So, his hatred towards Mexicans and Muslims doesn't count? I don't accept Breitbart (fake) News as a valid source, so I guess we are stalemated
    Just because he wants to build a wall to keep our country safe by reducing the number of illegal aliens coming across the border does not mean he hates Mexicans. To me the real racists are those who think we are talking about Mexicans when we mention illegal aliens. Illegal alien means anyone who is currently in the United States illegally. That includes those who came here legally on Student, Work, visitor,etc Visas and have exceeded the terms of the Visa. By the way, this includes all the 911 hijackers.

As for Muslims, President Trump is not the first to ban immigration from Muslim or other nations. President Carter banned those from Iran April 7, 1980 following the taking of the US Embassy in 1979. President Obama banned Muslims 6 times. BREAKING : The Past SIX Presidents Have “Banned Immigrants” – TruthFeed

Persons from various regions have been banned by other Presidents in the past. Six other times the US has banned immigrants | Muslim Ban | Al Jazeera

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    No. If I remember correctly, he like me, is a veteran. We did not defend this country so as to have all these little cry babies disrespecting our flag and our Commander in Chief, no matter who the Commander in Chief happens to be. I have served Active Duty under President Nixon. And as a Reservist under Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes and Clinton. We paid each of them the same respect that their elected office awarded them.
    Leaders have to be constantly questioned about their actions, not followed blindly, it is what democracy is all about. I have never seen a leader that is infallible. They all make bad choices and they must answer for them. People can't just say " My leader belongs to the same political party as me so I will not question anything he/she does".
    Last edited by copier addict; 03-29-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Leaders have to be constantly questioned about their actions, not followed blindly, it is what democracy is all about. I have never seen a leader that is infallible. They all make bad choices and they must answer for them. People can't just say " My leader belongs to the same political party as me so I will not question anything he/she does".
    Questioning is one thing, but total disrespect by those who are supposed to keep the citizens fully informed is not questioning.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

President Trump via Executive Order today rolled back multiple Obama era climate regulations intended to put the importance of creating American jobs over climate change.

The USA is the only major government in the world that still debates whether or not human activity is contributing to climate change. For all other G20 countries, the science behind climate change has been accepted as fact.

One of President Trump's big election promises was to bring back coal jobs. Unfortunately, the coal industry has been in decline for many years due to new competitors like natural gas, renewable energy sources and the decline in demand for steel. Even influential coal industry executives express doubts that these repealed regulations will bring back coal jobs.

President Trump's new executive orders represent the biggest attack in US history on American environmental policy and undermines the USA's position as a global leader as signed under the Kyoto Protocol.

Do you think that President Trump still believes that climate change is a hoax?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    President Trump via Executive Order today rolled back multiple Obama era climate regulations intended to put the importance of creating American jobs over climate change.

The USA is the only major government in the world that still debates whether or not human activity is contributing to climate change. For all other G20 countries, the science behind climate change has been accepted as fact.

One of President Trump's big election promises was to bring back coal jobs. Unfortunately, the coal industry has been in decline for many years due to new competitors like natural gas, renewable energy sources and the decline in demand for steel. Even influential coal industry executives express doubts that these repealed regulations will bring back coal jobs.

President Trump's new executive orders represent the biggest attack in US history on American environmental policy and undermines the USA's position as a global leader as signed under the Kyoto Protocol.

Do you think that President Trump still believes that climate change is a hoax?
    That's only because carbon dioxide is required for life to exist on the planet Earth. It's just basic biology.
    On a stupider note, until the people who claim that climate change is such a big problem start living like they actually believe it is that big of a problem, I think the entire lot of them are full of crap.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Just a link to debunk climate change global warming or whatever you want to call it. The "scientists" at the primary center in England for studying the climate cooked the books. They falsified the information and ignored data that did not fit their preconceived notion of global warming. One thing I do remember from the mid 70's to early 80's was not global warming, but global cooling. The very same "pollutants" that are now said to cause global warming were blamed for the new ice age we were entering back then. yes there is and always has been climate change. It is part of a natural cycle. A recent example of global warming offered as proof was the evidence of glacial retreat in Switzerland. Only problem was the glacier that was retreating and disappearing left behind evidence of mountain passes in use during the stone age, the Roman era and the middle ages. Seems to me if there were mountain passes in use back then then there must be some sort of cyclical pattern of climate change.

Here's the link for the cooked books assertion :Climate change scientists caught cooking the books?

And the link detailing the "glacial retreat:https://climateaudit.org/2005/11/18/...swiss-glacier/

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Okay, but from 2009-2017 anyone who dared to question Dear Leader's motivations, competence, corruption, or ideology was declared "RACIST!" by the followers/supporters of Dear Leader's political party.
    The rest of your post I do agree with. What needs to happen, in my opinion, is sore losers who can't believe The Queen had her throne stolen from her need to give this man some time to be president and see what happens. It might not be as bad as they think. Might even find it beneficial, then how would they feel?

I'm not trying to get into arguments here, unless somebody from Canada decides to start lecturing about Climate Change...
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

The level of blindness demonstrated by the left, to me, is appalling. There are certain things a person can say, which will automatically make their argument or message irrelevant to a huge number of people in the modern world. For example, questioning the human involvement in climate change. Also, belief in a Christian God (it's weird that belief in a Muslim God is OK), Creationism, respect for and expectation of respect for national borders, respect for human life at all stages, belief that marriage is between a man and a woman, etc.,. All of these PC violations will often end serious discussion. One or both parties immediately resort to insult or minimization of the argument. But none more so than the question of climate change.

There was a time when Republicans were trying to liberate black slaves in America. Many of them believed that black people should have all the same rights white people do... including voting. But politicians could not say so, because the popular consensus (PC back then) would have made their arguments irrelevant. A huge number of lawmakers and decision makers would have simply stopped listening to them because they dared to question what the 'vast majority' believed (it wasn't the vast majority, but it had been pushed so much that many people accepted it as the majority). So they had to tone it down. They had to start with simply freeing the slaves. Then they could slowly move in to voting rights, etc.

I believe we're seeing the same thing now with most "right wing" issues. Especially climate change. You simply cannot question it. Period. Even Trump won't go there now. But it's sad, to me, that so many people blindly accept the premise that the left have pushed. I'm not sure whether I believe it or not, but I do know that no funding will go to any study that takes a closer look at whether or not humans contribute to climate change. It's just one of those subjects that aren't approachable.