Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riso RZ 970 master disposal error, problem with one drum

Hello,
    first of all, as it’s my first post in this section, my presentation is here Hi from France ! . I tried to search with the correct terms but did not find anything very helpful or close to the problem I got with one drum. And as I am french, excuse my bad english.

I got a Riso RZ 970, working fine, with 2 drums : and old one working OK, and a brand new one, which got a problem.

The new drum has never been able to eject the master to the master disposal box. The things are always going like that when I try to make a new master (from the scanner or sending a file):
    - The « Creating master » appears on the screen, and the process is beginning.
    - at a moment, the error A05-304 appears (Master Jammed in Disposal Unit - Pull Out Master Disposal Box and Remove Jammed Master). The master is not in the disposal box, and as soon as I check the box, then the error (the one which is really happening) A04-303 appears (Master Disposal Error - Pull Out Print Cylinder and Discard Master).
    - here it goes : the master is wrapped around the drum. I have to remove it manually. As far as I can see, the master is a little bit lift up under the clamp (see a picture I took this afternoon in attachment), I don’t know if it’s relevant !IMG_1414.jpg

- I remove the master manually, put the drum back in. Then, the operation « start again » when I push the green button.
    - Then, the master is wrapped around the drum. Bad luck, sometimes, it just put a BLANK (with no holes) master sheet around the drum. And I have to redo the operation, hoping for the master to be OK.

So, I assume it’s may be a very basic thing, coming from this new drum (got it for 3 days!), as the other one works fine, and the disposal area in the Riso is working totally fine too...
    Any ideas? I am as much CURIOUS to know why, than I pray to find a solution !

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Riso RZ 970 master disposal error, problem with one drum

Swap the clamp plate from one drum to the other (4 small silver screws on the piece you took a picture of), does the master disposal jamming move to the other drum now and the bright red now works fine? Compare the clamp plates very closely what's the difference. The new (bright red one) may have damage or something.

Someone else found attached problem on a like machine so it's something to look out for. Clamp projection plate was catching and not disposing of the old master Int Disposal Jamming 2.jpgInt Disposal Jamming.jpg

Good luck

Wink Re: Riso RZ 970 master disposal error, problem with one drum

Thank you for this reply !

So far, I tried one thing : to remove the master and clean the drum with isopropyl alcohol, in case the drum had too much ink and the master was sticking to it. It’s not that !

I can say every time, the master is bending after the disposal error (like on the picture of the OP). So yes, thank you 20gaugeO/U, I am going to change the clamp from the working drum to the not working one... (from the exterior, I don’t see a difference, from now)
    And we’ll see !

UPDATE: Symptom identified !
    I exchange the Clamp plate base from the working drum to the non-working one. No more errors. So, now, I am trying to understand what very basic thing it is around this part, like said 20gauge. I have just looked for 10 minutes and don’t see anything different from one to another... Any ideas?
    Last edited by thibaut; 03-29-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: have to check how to say «*alcool isopropylique*» in english !

The two white collars on the rear side intact? Take both clamp plates off and compare them side by side on a table, something is different, bent, cracked or missing.

Good luck

Yep, for the 2 white collars ! I still don’t see anything but I am going to measure the adjustments between the different parts...
    To be continued !

Quote Originally Posted by thibaut View Post
    Yep, for the 2 white collars ! I still don’t see anything but I am going to measure the adjustments between the different parts...
    To be continued !
    Update : As the drum was NEW, Riso is sending a new clamp plate, and I will double check again. I’ll put pics here of both clamps!
    For now I just think (but not sure) that in the length of the lower clamp (the one behind the master) it’s may be slightly bend. Not sure, but I think the problem is coming from there. Or the upper clamp is just to hard to activate.
    Wait and see

NEWS !

So, I finally receive a brand new clamp plate from Riso.
    It doesn’t work. Same error. Same problem. The master is still bend like on the picture of my first post.

It’s beginning to be very WEIRD ! To sum up, I have 1 riso, 2 drums. The blue drum (used), works fine. The pink drum (new), does not eject the master, it has never work. BUT, when I put the clamp plate from the working (blue) drum on the pink, IT WORKS.
    That’s because of that I am very disappointed.

Now, I am thinking about 2 things : may be, the master disposal system (pressure rollers?) are a bit used and they only work fine with the used drum. Do you have some clues on this (where to test, where to adjust/check)? But really, I don’t know. I am still thinking it’s coming from the drum. May be another piece is linked or having an impact on the master removal process?
    Thanks again for your participation on this bizarre problem !
    Last edited by thibaut; 04-13-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: my english is terrible

I am replying again to my previous post, to add the last and final informations I can take from my machine !
    I exchange the clamp plates again (the working one and the new, not working ones).

The working clamp plate is working OK with the working drum, but with the non working (pink) drum, it’s now tearing a part of the master during removal. I put a picture !

The brand new clamp plate, when putted on the working drum, does not work at all (same error as usual, master removal problem, and the master is just staying on the drum, with the upper level slightly bend).

I still don’t see a real difference between all the clamps, and I am beginning to think there’s something with the master ejection system.

Here is a picture of the part which is not taken by the master ejection system. The rest is torn and ejected is the master disposal box. IMG_2158.jpg

—Also, I have seen this thread, that seems talking about the same issues! Riso MZ 790U – Master Sticking on Black Drum
    Last edited by thibaut; 04-14-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: link of another thread

Try adjusting TM 543 (Master-clamp-amount adj) to a more negative value than what should be the default of zero. It will be a trial and error thing and once you find the working value you will need to adjust TM 541 (write start position adj) to correct the registration of the burned image.

Your advice is getting me in the right direction, clearly !

So... With the TM543, i change (after many tests) the value of the master clamp-amount adjustment. Eventually, the pink drum works ! the master ejection is now working (have just tried 3 confidential masters in a row).
    But now there’s a new problem, ah ah.

The old drum which was working is now having the issue, of master not ejected. I replace the old clamp with a new one, so I got 2 brand news clamp plates with the same comportment on both drums.

The blue is now working « better » : the ejection is starting, but the master is ripped off : one part stay on the drum, and the other part is wrapped (almost everytime) in the master transport/removal rollers...

So, to sum up again, I think the old clamp had something which was working with the old adjustments, ok. Now, the adjustments are made (TM 543) and both drums got new clamps.
    The new drum is working, the old one got this weird problem.

Again, thanks for you advice, because I think the problem is clearly around this area of the machine !
    Anything to adjust manually, may be in the master removal rollers? When I took off the wrapped master in it, they are VERY tight and pressed.

Long story, I know !