Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 5551ci

Technician

5551ci

Anyone had this image issue before (see pic) same using print, copy and from USB stick. had this issue a month ago but only on something with red/magenta in it. Tried swapping all drum and Dev's but still same. Then over 2days I swapped transfer, laser and all boards you can think of. Updated firmware etc. it never seems to appear on A4 A3. Seems to do it on A4 landscape. So when U do a u89 normally it's on A4 A3. Always been ok. If u force it to do a u89 A4R it did appear on the smaller darker magenta band. After trying all of this I did manage to swap the magenta drum with the black and the fault moved. So ordered a new drum and fitted to magenta, tested all ok. A month later as you can see from the pic it's the same fault but now on cyan. Ordered another drum and fitted to cyan but this time no change. Tried new drum in yellow, no change. Tried new drum in black and now got marks still on cyan but also black. Put what now looks like faulty new drum in magenta and was ok, only cyan with marks. Put all back together. Tried new drum in office machine and was fine. I also still had the faulty magenta drum from original first visit. Tested that in office and again was fine. The fault contradicts itself as the magenta fault was cured by new drum however the faulty magenta drum works on office machine. Now cyan has fault but new drum didn't work, and new drum made black faulty and new drum also worked fine on office machine. If u can make head tail of this then help basically the fault has only ever appeared on this machine. However we have had the fault move with a unit in a different slot like magenta and black swapped. But any faulty drum has been fine on our office machine.
    Last edited by connect; 07-10-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Technician

Re: 5551ci

Wont upload pic. Sorry. I'll try later.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    5551ci

Re: 5551ci

I suspect that you're seeing the developer spacer issue. It looks almost like small bubbles of light-to-white in fill areas over 60% of the specific color. Kyocera has changed the developing spacers. Let's see if I have a sample ... lol, I found the samples but my phone won't let me drag them. I'll post them later. =^..^=

AlphardII black developing3.JPGAlphardII black developing2.jpgAlphardII black developing1.JPG

Notice how the light fill areas are entirely unaffected. Fill areas aver 60% are most affected. Something like this?
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 07-10-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=