Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Biz C220 SMB login error windows 10

You need to send a little "gunfire" in the IT dept. direction. I assume scanning was working prior to Windows 10. What do you mean he didn't do anything!!!!
    Are you scanning to Computer name or IP address??
    In "Command Prompt" Run NET CONFIG WORKSTATION
    Then you can see what LOGIN that computer is using. The password should be good.
    Win 10 has both a LOCAL LOGIN or CLOUD LOGIN.
    Again you should have customer bill their IT for any labor charges.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    We have to use filezilla on Mac's. I heard the KM FTP utility didn't work with 64 bit or w10?
    Nah as far as I remember I've never encountered any problems with it, but it's quite old and sends some kind of old FTP syntax which is pain in the ass if you want to test the server by browser for example, that's why I prefer FileZilla But I am talking about FileZilla server, there's no MacOs version, I suppose you meant FileZilla Client to connect to FTP Server. There's build in Mac tool, but it's really bad, it doesn't even allow to delete files remotely. If you need I can explain where is it, but I need to grab my Mac

Regards,
    Nommo.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I've discovered the best way to setup scan to smb on Win10(and Win7) now, is to create a local user on the PC just for scanning, and give it whatever password. Give the share permissions to that user you created and setup the scan to file that way. Works 9/10 times for me.

With all the recent security updates from Microsoft it has been more difficult to get SMB sharing setup without passwords.

Good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    I've discovered the best way to setup scan to smb on Win10(and Win7) now, is to create a local user on the PC just for scanning, and give it whatever password. Give the share permissions to that user you created and setup the scan to file that way. Works 9/10 times for me.

With all the recent security updates from Microsoft it has been more difficult to get SMB sharing setup without passwords.

Good luck
    My IT guy showedme how to set up a scan user "lite" under computer mgmt, local users & groups, set properties to cannot change pw and pw never expires. I was delighted until I found out that isn't in the home version and over half the idiots customers have home version at work!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    You need to send a little "gunfire" in the IT dept. direction. I assume scanning was working prior to Windows 10. What do you mean he didn't do anything!!!!
    Are you scanning to Computer name or IP address??
    In "Command Prompt" Run NET CONFIG WORKSTATION
    Then you can see what LOGIN that computer is using. The password should be good.
    Win 10 has both a LOCAL LOGIN or CLOUD LOGIN.
    Again you should have customer bill their IT for any labor charges.
    Everything was working before he did the update, I've said for them to tell their IT to "rollback" the upgrade, he was in there all this morning & still hasn't sorted it, they're using computer name, they had a problem about 2 months ago, when the IT chap had been in & left the scanning not working, he'd inputted everything wrong, including putting the folder name where the user name was supposed to go, of course as it was a "copier problem" so the customer called us to fix it, talked her through sorting it on the phone, trying to get them to change their IT to us, the staff wants to, but the boss wants to stay with their current provider "as they're cheaper", he just doesn't understand that they're not cheaper if they keep causing problems...
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Biz C220  SMB  login error windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Everything was working before he did the update, I've said for them to tell their IT to "rollback" the upgrade, he was in there all this morning & still hasn't sorted it, they're using computer name, they had a problem about 2 months ago, when the IT chap had been in & left the scanning not working, he'd inputted everything wrong, including putting the folder name where the user name was supposed to go, of course as it was a "copier problem" so the customer called us to fix it, talked her through sorting it on the phone, trying to get them to change their IT to us, the staff wants to, but the boss wants to stay with their current provider "as they're cheaper", he just doesn't understand that they're not cheaper if they keep causing problems...
    There are two things that get changed when Win10 updates. The first is "password protected sharing" and he second is the network location.
    Right click on the network icon in toolbar. Select "Open network and sharing center". Make sure it isn't a "Public Network". If it is, click the start button and type "Homegroup". Click "Change network location".
    Password protected sharing, as stated earlier, needs to be off.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post

Good luck
    This above and also make sure the ethernet adapter is set to private and NOT public.