Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP2851 cannot receive fax message

Had a 2851 last week that could receive, but could not send. Tested with my handset, ok.
    Line "sounded ok", and I could call out.

I plugged their MP 2851 into another phone outlet(different number) and it worked.

Turned out their phones ( using cable modem) needed to be reset.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Had a 2851 last week that could receive, but could not send. Tested with my handset, ok.
    Line "sounded ok", and I could call out.

I plugged their MP 2851 into another phone outlet(different number) and it worked.

Turned out their phones ( using cable modem) needed to be reset.
    Yes we are starting to see similar problems like the above.
    Our entire country is being "FORCED" to go full digital telecoms line. No more audio error free happy analogue phone lines. We are all being force to change our analogue phone line over to "National Broad Band" which IMHO has been a total step backwards in technology. The phone audio sinpos's in an out with broken voice clips and chirps, exactly the same as Delusion Digital TV.

"WHAT A STEP BACKWARDS THIS NATIONAL MONITORING BROAD BAND INTERNET GARBAGE IS.

At least we'll have more problems to fix. Works out as a positive for those on do-n-charge wage rate.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

A little after the fact now, but back in the day when analog lines roamed the Earth (along with the dinosaurs), I had an issue where we replaced about a dozen Canon MFPs with Ricohs.

All machines had fax boards in them.

The Canons always worked (well, almost always), but about half the Ricoh machines refused to answer; they all sent just fine.

Turned out that the incoming ring voltage, which should be about 90 VAC or so, was too low (maybe about 85), and the Ricohs refused to answer.

The customer worked with their telecom provider to resolve it.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yes we are starting to see similar problems like the above.
    Our entire country is being "FORCED" to go full digital telecoms line. No more audio error free happy analogue phone lines. We are all being force to change our analogue phone line over to "National Broad Band" which IMHO has been a total step backwards in technology. The phone audio sinpos's in an out with broken voice clips and chirps, exactly the same as Delusion Digital TV.

"WHAT A STEP BACKWARDS THIS NATIONAL MONITORING BROAD BAND INTERNET GARBAGE IS.

At least we'll have more problems to fix. Works out as a positive for those on do-n-charge wage rate.

All of our multi machine accounts are doing this for cost reasons.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2851 cannot receive fax message

I tell my customers if it really matters that you faxes go through soonest use analog lines. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    All of our multi machine accounts are doing this for cost reasons.
    [Digress just a tad...]

Our Australian "National Broad Band (as of 11-08-17)" is a serious accident waiting to happen. Every house whole will have a modem that does A-D conversion on either a full fibre cable or half copper cable to the node. A serious MAJOR MAJOR problem exists with the time lag for the modem to initialise. It takes around 5-10mins for some of these "new technology" modems to become audio active.

How serious does the modem initialise time delay become?
    It takes 3 mins for someone to die. The modem takes 10 mins to initialise after power black out or a common hardware lockup. I lot of medical machinery is connected to the phone line for medical assistance. Some older people on medical monitoring or even a small child drowing in a swimming pool will be long gone before the modem audio (VoIP) initialises for emergency audio usage.

IMHO, this backward step in communication technology is
    going to see a long list of legal issues in the judicial system.

Someone please tell me technology is put here to help not hinder.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 08-10-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2851 cannot receive fax message

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    [Digress just a tad...]

Our Australian "National Broad Band (as of 11-08-17)" is a serious accident waiting to happen. Every house whole will have a modem that does A-D conversion on either a full fibre cable or half copper cable to the node. A serious MAJOR MAJOR problem exists with the time lag for the modem to initialise. It takes around 5-10mins for some of these "new technology" modems to become audio active.

How serious does the modem initialise time delay become?
    It takes 3 mins for someone to die. The modem takes 10 mins to initialise after power black out or a common hardware lockup. I lot of medical machinery is connected to the phone line for medical assistance. Some older people on medical monitoring or even a small child drowing in a swimming pool will be long gone before the modem audio (VoIP) initialises for emergency audio usage.

IMHO, this backward step in communication technology is
    going to see a long list of legal issues in the judicial system.

Someone please tell me technology is put here to help not hinder.
    Not only is the modem initialization time a potential problem, but distribution nodes also require power. You could have power at your house but if power is out somewhere back up the distribution tree you could still have no service if the battery backup for a node does not last long enough for a service truck to get there with a generator.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    A little after the fact now, but back in the day when analog lines roamed the Earth (along with the dinosaurs), I had an issue where we replaced about a dozen Canon MFPs with Ricohs.

All machines had fax boards in them.

The Canons always worked (well, almost always), but about half the Ricoh machines refused to answer; they all sent just fine.

Turned out that the incoming ring voltage, which should be about 90 VAC or so, was too low (maybe about 85), and the Ricohs refused to answer.

The customer worked with their telecom provider to resolve it.

Okay

Thanks,
    al