Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Ricoh MP 6001 ADF misfeeds

Thanks for all the replies. I apologize for the slow response to your messages. The jam codes are always 003 and 004. I can scan using the document server function as a test and get no jams. Does that make a difference as opposed to the copy function? I don't have a new torque limiter right now or I would try that to see if it helps.

Thanks to all!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The bypass torque limiter is the same as the ADF one. Try swapping them.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

OK, thanks. I try that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 6001 ADF misfeeds

Funny the 6002 has the opposite problem. Copies would scan all day, but scans would randomly jam. There was a bulletin on the 6001 jamming at the white belt over the slit glass. Lube the idle pulleys, but I don't think that was a J003. It would mangle the originals big time.

Technician

Thanks, the ADF that I'm having this problem with doesn't mangle the original, but the original does stop at the white roller. Are you talking about the feed belt drive roller? I'm not sure which pulley you are talking about. The feed belt drive roller is the white roller with the one-way bearing that the feed belt runs over. Thanks for you time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 6001 ADF misfeeds

Found the bulletin.

6001 DF reg roller jam.pdf

I remember folks swapping the DF drive motors as well - they're the 2 near the middle of the DF. I think they have different part #s, but they are interchangeable size wise.

Doesn't really sound like the problem you're having, if I'm understanding it right. The one-way that the DF feed assy slides into can crack & cause jams. Also the large 'Pull Out" roller just after the feed assy. can separate from the shaft. I've had that happen a lot - D4122111.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If it only jams when copying and not at all when using scan or doc.server function, than I would think it is a software problem.
    Did this machine worked fine in the past?
    If yes, from which point (or from what time on) this problem have occurred?
    Perhaps after a pm or at a power loss?
    If there is any kind of bulletin from Ricoh concerning this matter, I think Ricoh needs to take his responsibility and MUST give you the right info!
    Because I think this problem is not easily solved!

Technician

The one way clutches (bearings) are a known issue on this machine. Make sure they are clean and lubricated.

Technician

Thanks, to everyone for your replies. I worked on this machine yesterday. I dissembled the ADF original transfer assy, cleaned/lubicated the one-way bearing located in the assembly, and then put it back together. The office manger told me yesterday that the ADF would always jam while scanning 8.5x14 and 11x17. I tested it, and it seems to be working okay for now. No problem scanning any size original. Thanks to all of you for helping me sort out this issue.