Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

mp6500 paper jam during photocopy after recover it become like that see attachment

replace corona wire , front & rear end block wire mesh still same
    inspect on developer tank major cleaning pour out developer filtering still same
    clean transfer unit and drum module still same
    any ideas how to solve it?

IMG_20170812_175246.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: mp6500 paper jam during photocopy after recover it become like that see attachme

Whow, that looks nasty. I would hazard a guess, and try the charge power pack or the developer bias power pack

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: mp6500 paper jam during photocopy after recover it become like that see attachme

Wht.is the charge power pack or the developer bias power pack?
    Do u mean change the bias in sp mode

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The small PCB units behind the copier that give high voltage charge to the coronna, and another to the dev roller. And while you are back there, have another charge corona receptable to hand as its convinient to change at that point.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

My guess is wrong toner, clean out entire toner system dev unit and pcu/toner recycle. New dev and correct toner, good luck and charge the custoner for putting in wrong toner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

My guess is wrong toner
    No way, sorry have to disagree, and sending him down the wrong path. No.1 you cannot put the wrong toner, nothing else will fit there , unless customer physically opens the toner bottle and opens a different other and pours it in, would make a hell of a mess, cannot see it happening and the tech would know about it, also, you would get a copy but very very heavy toner background.
    It is what I described before, plus the fact it went into paper jam mode at the same time indicates the same. Getting him to change developer, and toner is an expensive guess. Swap out the power packs from another machine, and IF that proves not to be the case, then, swap over the complete developer unit from another machine to see if it is developer/toner at fault.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Let us hope that the poster lets us know the end fix but it looks to me that incompatible toner is causing negative image.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp6500 paper jam during photocopy after  recover it become like that see attachment

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    My guess is wrong toner, clean out entire toner system dev unit and pcu/toner recycle. New dev and correct toner, good luck and charge the custoner for putting in wrong toner.
    Bad drum shaft ground. B0651137 drum shaft bracket.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Had a customer do exactly that. The admin at a hospital put an MP5000 toner into MP6000/6001 (because "they run out of MP6000 toner").
    The MP5000 toner bottle does not fit securely into the MP6000. What a heck of a mess.
    I cleaned up split toner throughout the entire machine for over an hour.

I didn't do the bean counting(money figures )for that cleanup job so I don't know what our office charged for the entire cleanup bill.

Fun fun fun....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks guys..will try my best to solve it..once successful will let u guys know...the purpose
    Of this forum sharing eAch experience on settle different issues