Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lanier 520C Changed drum and blade on yellow and started to get a background

I went in to changed the drum and blade on the yellow for lines. On completion started to get a background. (I don't think the drum is a bad one.) Also the black started to give me problems... (See examples) The only thing I really did was pull the image units out and reinsert them... I figure it is a connection on the drum but where ? Seems like I am breaking everything I touch ..lol... Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much !!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Lanier 520C Changed drum and blade on yellow and started to get a background

For the black, assuming that the paper is fed SEF, first thing you need to do is clean the laser shield glasses. That is what the blue stick on the inside of the door is for.

For the yellow, the charge roller is dirty. Also there may be toner built up between the cleaning blade and the lubricant spreader blade. Also check the amount of lube bar remaining. You may need to replace the drum unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Lanier 520C Changed drum and blade on yellow and started to get a background

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For the black, assuming that the paper is fed SEF, first thing you need to do is clean the laser shield glasses. That is what the blue stick on the inside of the door is for.

For the yellow, the charge roller is dirty. Also there may be toner built up between the cleaning blade and the lubricant spreader blade. Also check the amount of lube bar remaining. You may need to replace the drum unit.
    Turns out that the transfer retract knob was broke and the belt was not down for the black... The yellow, I'm not sure but I think it was that the gear on charge roller was disloged... It was very overtoned and started going away...