Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Sending Stored Documents

Hello folks. I've been doing some research on sending stored documents. However Ricoh Support site claims that it is only possible to do so with Fax only. However the selection is available for E-Mail and File scans as "Select Stored File". Having tried with our office copier I can't see the files in the Doc server even if I just scanned one in.

I have searched the Net and CTN forums a few times to no avail. I hope this can be cleared up even if it is an erroneous option.

Thank You for Reading and Responding.

Re: Sending Stored Documents (MP C3503)

Update:
    Ok found out that I must of had a misinterpretation. I believed that the Stored File option in the lower left hand corner of the Scanner Screen accessed the Document server, it accesses another stop used specifically by Store to HDD via the Scanner Screen, Store File.

I've been looking through the WIM to see if there is a setting to change the file organization or something that would allow the files in the Document Server to be detected as an option to send.

Thank You for Reading and Responding.

Edit: Request Move to Connectivity Forum if storage counts as Software.
    Last edited by Methedor; 08-24-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Request

Re: Sending Stored Documents

To download the stored documents in the Document Server, you will need a File Format Converter Type E. It is not cheap. The documents are stored in a proprietary format, which this option converts to either PDF or TIFF.

For Sharp devices you can set the scan to email to send a hyperlink to download an attachment, instead of the attachment itself. I do not think you can do this for Ricoh.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    To download the stored documents in the Document Server, you will need a File Format Converter Type E. It is not cheap. The documents are stored in a proprietary format, which this option converts to either PDF or TIFF.

For Sharp devices you can set the scan to email to send a hyperlink to download an attachment, instead of the attachment itself. I do not think you can do this for Ricoh.
    You can, I don't remember how to do it, but you can. The person of course needs to be able to navigate to the MFP from wherever they are to wherever it is network wise which can be a pain.

Thank you for the responses. However I wish to clarify that I'm looking at the Select Stored File in the Scanner Menu and seeing that it doesn't look at the Document Server (where you can save doc's to print from the Copier's HDD) and instead looks at one that can only store and select items that have been scanned from the Scanner Menu via selecting "HDD" instead of the default of just sending the file to the selected location.

Am I misunderstanding some connection between the downloading that you are referring to and what I am talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Thank you for the responses. However I wish to clarify that I'm looking at the Select Stored File in the Scanner Menu and seeing that it doesn't look at the Document Server (where you can save doc's to print from the Copier's HDD) and instead looks at one that can only store and select items that have been scanned from the Scanner Menu via selecting "HDD" instead of the default of just sending the file to the selected location.

Am I misunderstanding some connection between the downloading that you are referring to and what I am talking about?
    If you have selected "Store to HDD" in the scanner menu you can navigate to the file in the document server in the Web Image Monitor and then download it. You will not need any special options for that. You will not be able to print it back out from the machine like normal document server items though.

As far as sending it from the machine I have no idea. You could just download it and then email it from a PC.

Just doing a Scan to File and E-mailing it sounds reasonable to me as well. My client, however was asking about it and I wanted to make sure I had an accurate understanding.
    Thank you all for your assistance.
    Last edited by Methedor; 08-25-2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Just doing a Scan to File and E-mailing it sounds reasonable to me as well. My client, however was asking about it and I wanted to make sure I had an accurate understanding.
    Thank you all for your assistance.
    If you scan the item into the document server as a PDF in the manner I mentioned previously you will then be able to go into the scanner interface and choose "send stored file" and it will show up on the list.

I just tested in the the C4500 in our office.

I believe this will allow you to achieve what you wish.