Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC6501 doesn't save the changes in SP mode

Re: MPC6501 doesn't save the changes in SP mode

Quote Originally Posted by ahaahm View Post
    I'm focus into how to Chang in SP mode like sp2201, I'm using this SP as the instruction manual with sp3301 to control the the image and clear the dark background specially with BK

with MPC6000 , i can change 2201 the the machine saving the new numbers
    but with MPC6501 after switching of all bombers return to the defaults
    First your original post had to do with SP 2108. If your problem is back grounding, you should have started with that and asked how to correct that. That is easy to answer and does not require f***inf with SP settings that have very little to do with causing back ground. SP 2201 and SP 3301 are not related. Changing 3301 to fixed is to be used when the toner density sensor on a development unit has gone bad, and only until you get a new development unit. In fixed mode, the machine will tend to overtone and thus increase back ground. To correct for back ground, follow these steps:
    1. Clean and inspect the drum unit. If there is less than 10mm left on the lubricant bar, PM the unit.Same applies to the ITB cleaning unit and the PTR unit.
    2. Apply all bulletins dealing with image quality and toner dropping. There are quite a few for the C6501 which is a toner belching beast by nature.
    3. Partially change the nature of the beast by changing the correct SP settings. The ones you are using are not the correct ones. See the attached starting with page 10. This document was given to me by our then regional support person.

Service Program (SP) Settings.pdf

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    First your original post had to do with SP 2108. If your problem is back grounding, you should have started with that and asked how to correct that. That is easy to answer and does not require f***inf with SP settings that have very little to do with causing back ground. SP 2201 and SP 3301 are not related. Changing 3301 to fixed is to be used when the toner density sensor on a development unit has gone bad, and only until you get a new development unit. In fixed mode, the machine will tend to overtone and thus increase back ground. To correct for back ground, follow these steps:
    1. Clean and inspect the drum unit. If there is less than 10mm left on the lubricant bar, PM the unit.Same applies to the ITB cleaning unit and the PTR unit.
    2. Apply all bulletins dealing with image quality and toner dropping. There are quite a few for the C6501 which is a toner belching beast by nature.
    3. Partially change the nature of the beast by changing the correct SP settings. The ones you are using are not the correct ones. See the attached starting with page 10. This document was given to me by our then regional support person.

Service Program (SP) Settings.pdf

Thank you for your support, I'll reed and give you the feed back

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

DFU to me always meant DONT F***ING USE

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ahaahm View Post
    Thank you for your support, I'll reed and give you the feed back

Thank you slimslob

your Pdf help a lot