Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    This is a list of scientists who have made statements that conflict with the scientific consensus on global warming as summarized by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and endorsed by other scientific bodies. The great majority of publishing climate scientists support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change, hence this list represents a minority viewpoint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scienti fic_assessment_of_global_warming

Science is not a consensus opinion, it is based on verifiable research and peer review of the presented data. Remember the celebrated Hockey Stick global warming model that was "proved" to be entirely bogus! You are basing your argument on the debunked [false news] statement that a majority of climatologists have published scientific papers supporting this view when in fact it is only 30% of the papers published on this issue. The other 70% say that there is not enough data to support this view or cannot correlate the data to man made causation of the warming trend! The majority of true scientists do not support your view, just do some research. Just remember that the dinosaurs lived in a climate that is much warmer than it is is today! How do you account for that? Can you tell me the joules that man has added to the climate as opposed to the joules added by the sun?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Science is not a consensus opinion, it is based on verifiable research and peer review of the presented data. Remember the celebrated Hockey Stick global warming model that was "proved" to be entirely bogus! You are basing your argument on the debunked [false news] statement that a majority of climatologists have published scientific papers supporting this view when in fact it is only 30% of the papers published on this issue. The other 70% say that there is not enough data to support this view or cannot correlate the data to man made causation of the warming trend! The majority of true scientists do not support your view, just do some research. Just remember that the dinosaurs lived in a climate that is much warmer than it is is today! How do you account for that? Can you tell me the joules that man has added to the climate as opposed to the joules added by the sun?

CO2 levels during time of dinosaurs. Kinda interesting
    https://www.livescience.com/44330-ju...n-dioxide.html

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

my answer to this question is yes.i also believe in father christmas and rudolph the rednosed reindeer

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    CO2 levels during time of dinosaurs. Kinda interesting
    https://www.livescience.com/44330-ju...n-dioxide.html
    What does Co2 levels in the age of dinosaurs have to do with your premise? It is a well documented fact that Co2 levels rise AFTER a period o global warming rather than before. The reference to the climate in the age of the dinosaurs was to illustrate that they lived in a climate much warmer then we have today and that the global climate is always changing. You also just conveniently ignore my question of how many joules of energy man introduces to the environment as opposed to the sun! In case you do not know the definition of a joule, A unit of energy equal to the work done when a force of one newton acts through a distance of one meter. It is the basic definition of energy. Without this basic input how do you claim that man is creating global warming? Scientifically you cannot! Why do you also ignore the fact that of over 10,000 papers published by scientists on the climate only 30% of the climatologists had a definitive position on the cause of warming and only 97% of those said it was because of man. If you do the math, 2,910 papers say man is the cause, 29% not your 97% "consensus" number, while 71% cannot on a scientific basis attribute the changes to man's interaction with the environment. "Chicken Little" alarmist does not apply here, facts do.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Current scientific data strengthens the Hockey Stick global warming data. To call this model bogus is in fact false news.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...lained/275753/

Please provide links to where you are claiming only 30% of climatologists have published papers supporting global warming.

It is probably true that the world was warmer when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The discussion is about man made climate change. Not about the time before cavemen first discovered how to make fire.

Some quick research indicates during the time of the dinosaurs that there was a lot more volcanic activity on the planet and continents were still shifting around due to tectonic activity. This all kicked a lot more CO2 into the air.

One the joules question, I do not know. Please provide the answer with links to your sources.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 09-15-2017 at 03:17 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

What does Co2 levels in the age of dinosaurs have to do with your premise? It is a well documented fact that Co2 levels rise AFTER a period o global warming rather than before. The reference to the climate in the age of the dinosaurs was to illustrate that they lived in a climate much warmer then we have today and that the global climate is always changing. You also just conveniently ignore my question of how many joules of energy man introduces to the environment as opposed to the sun! In case you do not know the definition of a joule, A unit of energy equal to the work done when a force of one newton acts through a distance of one meter. It is the basic definition of energy. Without this basic input how do you claim that man is creating global warming? Scientifically you cannot! Why do you also ignore the fact that of over 10,000 papers published by scientists on the climate only 30% of the climatologists had a definitive position on the cause of warming and only 97% of those said it was because of man. If you do the math, 2,910 papers say man is the cause, 29% not your 97% "consensus" number, while 71% cannot on a scientific basis attribute the changes to man's interaction with the environment. "Chicken Little" alarmist does not apply here, facts do.
    Wow!! Over react much? I think you have me confused with someone else. I just thought it was interesting that the CO2 levels during the time of the dinosaurs was higher than now. You asked in your post how the warmer climate could be explained, so I posted the link as a possible explanation. I haven't said anything about about 97% of anything, or the number of joules produced by anything.
    Oh, and thanks for the definition of a joule. Much appreciated. I will try to use it in a sentence today.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

TO ALL:

I've seen this happen like three times in this discussion, and several times in other discussions... confusing one man for another.

copier addict IS NOT SalesServiceGuy

I know they're both from Canada, but they're not the same person.

SalesServiceGuy is an extreme leftist who makes odd claims, via cut and paste. He sometimes starts a discussion in his own words, but from that point on he simply uses other people's words. He discusses almost nothing. And he likes to go to Cuba and spit on poor people.

copier addict also leans left, but generally is open to honest discussion and doesn't insult people's intelligence via cntrl V command.

But over and over again, I see people jump down copier addict's throat for things
    SalesServiceGuy says. I think I've done it myself once. Not sure why that happens.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Climate change is a complex topic with may sub categories to consider.

It is not practical to type out long responses on this forum so that is why links to pertinent websites are provided.

Fundamentally, climate change is going to be very expensive to bring under control and it easier to deny the published reports of the majority of climate scientists around the world than to take real action.

Of the 32 votes placed so far on the Global warming poll generously created by ZooTech, 5 people (16%) voted that it is not happening.

Allowing hatred to rule give rise to cowardly groups like the KKK and white supremacists.
    And the antifa, and BLM and other left wing groups too. So according to the new law anyone making a speech rejecting the latest right is hate speech. And under the new Canadian laws if when I had referred to the required purchasing of sex change coverage in the ACA I could now be charged with a hate crime. Just from the simple fact that expressing disappointment with being forced to pay extra insurance costs to cover elective surgery.

Okay. So, it is wrong to hate people. Seems like the Christian way to lead ones life. It is the way I try to live. You?
    The point about the quote is not actually hating someone. But referring to someone as their gender at birth versus what they now self identify as is now considered a hate crime.