Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    When expressing an opinion is a criminal offense there is not long to go before certain people themselves, by virtue of their opinion, or the way they vote, or the color of clothing they choose to wear, or their education level, or their income level will render their very existence to be a criminal offense. And we know where that leads. Crimethink. "Offenders" will be silenced, in one way or another.

Never thought I'd actually see this happening.
    Gonna get worse and here's another link to making denying human caused global warming a crime. Even worse this is not happening in Canada where they have already made "hate speech", or anything that goes against current politically correct thinking, a criminal act. And here you have California passing a law that calls for the prosecution of global warming skeptics.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/06/...ange-skeptics/

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Let's say, just for an example, you have transitioned from male to female. I refer to you as male once , you correct me, but I continue to purposely refer to you as male just to make the point that I don't agree that you are now female. I'm making it about me, instead of it being about you. My personal biases should have no part in whether you identify as male or female. Is it hate? I'm not sure. Is it deliberately hurtful and disrespectful? Absolutely!!
    But what in the world makes it a criminal act punishable by a jail term? Did I actually hit, punch,or kick and cause bodily damage requiring medical attention? No I did not. I used the grammatically correct pronoun instead of some dimwitted cisgendered term. Or out of long term habit I used one of two pronouns that been in use for centuries. Instead the more than 50 now being advanced.

Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users - ABC News

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Let's say, just for an example, you have transitioned from male to female. I refer to you as male once , you correct me, but I continue to purposely refer to you as male just to make the point that I don't agree that you are now female. I'm making it about me, instead of it being about you. My personal biases should have no part in whether you identify as male or female. Is it hate? I'm not sure. Is it deliberately hurtful and disrespectful? Absolutely!!
    If it still has a tally-whacker and not a woo woo hole, it is still a male. Oh, by the way, if you were truly making it about you would have used the personal pronoun I in your first sentence.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make other than distract this thread away from Climate Change.
    That you are not competent enough to read an article.

A motion is not a law and this motion proposed by a rookie member of Parliament has no chance of becoming a law.
    And you prove my point. It has already passed the House of Commons, but you obviously did not read or chose to ignore it. Just as you have chosen to ignore to truth that climate change is not caused by humans. Oh that's right you live in Canada where they are also talking about making the opposition to climate change lie a criminal offense and you are afraid to admit the truth.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    But what in the world makes it a criminal act punishable by a jail term? Did I actually hit, punch,or kick and cause bodily damage requiring medical attention? No I did not. I used the grammatically correct pronoun instead of some dimwitted cisgendered term. Or out of long term habit I used one of two pronouns that been in use for centuries. Instead the more than 50 now being advanced.

Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users - ABC News

Highjacked.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Discussions tend to veer.

I had made a claim that Canadians aren't really free to say what they want, and that's why some of them (one of them) constantly posts what others think and publish instead of making arguments. That point was countered, which was countered, and countered again.

copier addict is eloquently proving my point. Since it hurts someone's feelings, it should be illegal. A lack of free speech is what we'd call it down here.

Highjacked.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If it still has a tally-whacker and not a woo woo hole, it is still a male. Oh, by the way, if you were truly making it about you would have used the personal pronoun I in your first sentence.
    Highjacked.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    Gonna get worse and here's another link to making denying human caused global warming a crime. Even worse this is not happening in Canada where they have already made "hate speech", or anything that goes against current politically correct thinking, a criminal act. And here you have California passing a law that calls for the prosecution of global warming skeptics.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/06/...ange-skeptics/
    Highjacked.jpg

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That you are not competent enough to read an article.

And you prove my point. It has already passed the House of Commons, but you obviously did not read or chose to ignore it. Just as you have chosen to ignore to truth that climate change is not caused by humans. Oh that's right you live in Canada where they are also talking about making the opposition to climate change lie a criminal offense and you are afraid to admit the truth.
    Whether it has passed the house of commons or not, it is still a motion, NOT A LAW. Stop drinking the kool-aid, and stop believing everything you read in those right wing rags you call news.

Hurricane Maria, the second deadly and devastating Category 5 storm of 2017 will hit the Caribbean tonight and likely the US territory of Puerto Rico on Wednesday.

Maria gets its potent energy from the above normal sea temperatures widely considered by the great majority of climate scientists as a result of global warming.