Thread: TA 7002I

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

TA 7002I

Hello all just wondering if you have any problems with these models jamming at tray 4? I got alot of them and seems half are jammers on tray 4! Tray 3 seems fine!! and these only have about 10 to 20k on them. Have tried pf rollers with no fix. Ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 7002I

Re: TA 7002I

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Hello all just wondering if you have any problems with these models jamming at tray 4? I got alot of them and seems half are jammers on tray 4! Tray 3 seems fine!! and these only have about 10 to 20k on them. Have tried pf rollers with no fix. Ideas?
    Do you have a jam code associated with this? You have to remember that Kyo reports a jam, say a 4204 which is tray 4 but the actual jam is just the 42 [fuser]. If the default tray is tray four of course you will have more jams from this tray being the default tray. We had a tech a year ago who chased his tail on a jam code because it was indicated from the LCT, but that was the default paper source, so of course there were more jams. It turned out to be an intermittent sensor in the fuser, after he had changed everything else including replacing the LCT. Forget the last two digits of the jam code and concentrate on what the first two digits of the jam code are telling you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: TA 7002I

So I called kyocera today and they have had a few calls about this and they are saying to adjust the retard pressure and that has been fixing it. See what happens!!