Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CF Card issue Bizhub 601(god i hate this thing)

Good morning everyone..

As the title says one of my customers 601's stopped booting and when i get there i indeed confirm it doesn't.
    Having some past experiences with this issue the first thing that came to mind is the CF card.
    Indeed when i took it to my shop and plugged it in there where only 3 files in it and they have jibberish names
    so possibly corrupted.
    Lucky for me i have a spare 601 on my shop and i just take it out copy paste everything to the other card(not formating anything)
    and i try it on my machine which it doesnt work(wont boot).Hard luck i guess im gonna order a new one.
    Thing is that my shop machine now wont work with its previous card either!WTF?
    Have i done something wrong here??Should i have done a different procedure to troubleshoot it?
    To be honest im completely lost here and desperately need some advice as i dont know what routine to follow!

Thanks in advance!

Edit:Can anyone confirm if you plug your cf card in your computer using a card reader and you open your computer and highlight it(or by checking the properties) does it say Vxworks in the system file?
    Last edited by DigiMan; 09-29-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: CF Card issue Bizhub 601(god i hate this thing)

Use konica cf card tool.
    The cards are not a standard format, I've had to use a hex code tool to reset zeros to the card so the cf card formatter and firmware image writer tool can do its job.
    the firmware imaging toolkit is what you have to use.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

hope you save a backup copy of the shop cf card. if you transfer one to the other you will need to put the serial in the fixed machine otherwisw it will have your shop seriel. but like last post said tool is best or required. vx should show up in the computer when you look at the files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Goodmorning gentlemen

Thank you for your replies and sorry for my late response(was in hospital for health issues ).
    The only CF card tool i found on infohub is about the old C350,can it be used for the 601's?
    As i understand i need to reload firmware on my shops card to make it work again using that tool?
    Im trying to make sense on the service manual but im having a hard time(noob!) since its a bit vague.
    If its not too much trouble can you guys guide me in steps in what needs to be done so i wont mess up
    more than i already did?

Thanks so much!

Edit : ok so searching throughthe forum i've found some guys using a tool that turns the cards to factory default?(Synthohol
    im guessing you mean the same thing?)Though no one said which program is it and if the procedure is available.
    Im guessing i have to turn the card to default and then reload firmware over it?A few pointers on how to do that and with what software
    would be most welcome!)Sorry if im asking pretty much the same questions over and over,first time messing with these cards.
    Last edited by DigiMan; 10-05-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Technician

Here is an older post with some good info bizhub 601 hourglass on display. that is it Bottom line is never format the card you are trying to repair.
    A new cf card can be ordered from Konica Minolta, part # A0PNR72211 for U.S.. Pricey ... maybe $300 ish
    It will have a base firmware already on it .

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

he said he didn't format the card. think the problem is he should've used the K/M imaging toolkit to copy.

As far as hating that model, join the crowd. read my reply to a recent post about a 751 jamming.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I didnt say i hated the model,i just hate that card!
    The only thing im asking for is just the procedure on how to reset the card to its default(according to previous posts),
    and how to re-write firmware on it once thats done,that is if anyone can send me the relevant documents for the said procedures.
    Is it on the sm and i've overlooked it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    I didnt say i hated the model,i just hate that card!
    The only thing im asking for is just the procedure on how to reset the card to its default(according to previous posts),
    and how to re-write firmware on it once thats done,that is if anyone can send me the relevant documents for the said procedures.
    Is it on the sm and i've overlooked it?

you should be able to just delete then drag and drop files to it.
    looks as though you have a problem with the field mfp board killing the cf .
    the cards are formatted with vxworks. you can telnet into the controller and issue the command 'vxformat' to fix your wiped card or to convert one from another konica unit to be acceptable to the 601.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

there are base 601 cf files on kmbs in the firmware area.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    there are base 601 cf files on kmbs in the firmware area.
    Can you kindly provide a link as im not able to find them there and also on infohub which i scoured.