Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Defective Technician 50+ Posts

Hero Copier Tech In Vegas

The making of one Las Vegas hero | New York Post

For every man like Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, intent on killing lots of people, there are many more like Jonathan Smith, intent on saving a lot of people.

Amid the chaos, Smith was one of those who jumped into action to save lives. And the 30-year-old copy-machine repairman is paying a price for ushering more than 30 others to safe hiding places behind cars.

When he saw that a couple of young girls weren’t fully hidden, he stood to move toward them and was shot in the neck. “I couldn’t feel anything in my neck. There was a warm sensation in my arm,” he told The Washington Post from the Sunrise Hospital lobby Monday afternoon.
    He was lucky to walk out of the hospital — albeit with a fractured collarbone, a cracked rib and a bruised lung — but the bullet remains where it struck him in the neck; doctors fear removing it would cause more damage. “I might have to live with this bullet for the rest of my life,” Smith said.
    He believes another hero, an off-duty cop who stopped the bleeding and hailed a car to get him to medical care, saved his life.
    After his story went viral, Smith opted to address his new hero status: “I don’t see myself that way,” he said. “I would want someone to do the same for me. No one deserves to lose a life coming to a country music festival.”
    But not many people run toward blood and bullets in defense of that principle. That’s what makes Jonathan Smith a hero.

Technician

Re: Hero Copier Tech In Vegas

Amen... God speed in his recovery and prayers to all the victims and their families.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The hero, Jonathon Smith, provided an emotional live interview tonight for approx 10 minutes on CNN.

Technician

thanks for posting this. all best wishes to a brave american

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The hero, Jonathon Smith, provided an emotional live interview tonight for approx 10 minutes on CNN.
    Here is the video.

Hero who saved 30 people reunited with officer who saved his own life - CNN